Can you cause a field in a form to do a lookup and post? (1 Viewer)

Hey Lucy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:00
Thanks High! That's exactly what I did and everything is well again!

highandwild

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
What I have done in the past is to have the first two options as, for example in your case: Company and Private Customer and then repopulate the listbox based upon the users selection. Very useful when you have hundreds of records to select from.

What I also do sometimes is to have a small button for each letter of the alphabet
and display options starting with that letter when a button is selected. Saves scrolling down many options.

RainLover

VIP From a land downunder
Local time
Today, 19:00
What I also do sometimes is to have a small button for each letter of the alphabet and display options starting with that letter when a button is selected. Saves scrolling down many options.

Highandwild.

I have seen somewhere a situation where instead of 26 letters in boxes the list is required every time the On Change Event happens.

So if you type "M" then only those records starting with "M" appear. Then you may type "O" so all records starting with "MO" appear and so on.

Just a suggestion if you or Lucy wants to take it up.

highandwild

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:00
That would have to be the On Change Event of a textbox. I have never used that technique.

I like to limit the use of the keyboard until absolutely necessary but it does make for more controls on the form.

If you like rain so much just come over here for 6pm, the heavens are going to open up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom