Table or Form not updatable when opened programmatically (1 Viewer)

Aerolink

Local time
Today, 05:43
Hello everyone,

I have a straight forward question and it has been weeks that I was searching for answers. Please help.

I have a report consisting of few sub reports. I had programmed an event in the report in such a way that whenever I double click on any record to edit, a form opens to edit the table, which the report was bound to. The idea is to double-click to open the concerned record in table and edit it dynamically through its form (of course after closing report programmatically)

The problem is that whenever I programmatically close the report and open the form, the form is not accepting any input. The trouble is not with the form but with table, since when the concerned table is opened, the same could not be updated. WHEREAS when I close the report manually and open form also manually, the records were perfectly updatable. The table could not be updated when it is opened programmatically, but not at manual actions.

The form settings for editing, such as Allow edit was set to true Still nothing happens. the VBA code opens the form in "acFormEdit" data mode, but with no success. I even tried to update records after programming to open the form after a deliberate pause of 5 seconds after the report was closed, but no success.

Can any one help me as to how I can update a table (or form) when it is programmed to open automatically just after the bound report was closed?. What makes the table read-only when opened programatically and editable when opened manually?

Many Many thanks in advance:confused:

Aerolink

Local time
Today, 05:43
Thanks John For Your Reply

But the database is slightly classified. However I recreated the problem in a sample database, which I annexed here. In this, if u double-click any field in the main Report "RptSortie", it redirects to a form, where the data is not editable.

Please advice as to where I am going wrong.

Attachments

• Sortie Database.accdb
    704 KB · Views: 56

John Big Booty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:13
The problem seems to lie in the interaction between the form and the Report. For reasons I have not been able to establish.

It is somewhat unusual to open a Form from a report. Reports are generally only used data display. Form on screen user interaction I would be doing this from a from rather than a report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom