Is it possible to put a accde to Web? (1 Viewer)

MightyCat

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:04
I have an Access DB that I have lots of VBA code behind the forms and a few modules.

Currently, I create an Access accde for the customers instead of distrubuting the whole database to everyone. They download the frontend piece to their desktop and they can run reports, enter data against records, etc.

Right now it's a 2007 b/c most of the users don't have 2010 so I started looking into sharepoint and putting the front end out there hoping that I could convert the databases to Access 2010 and the customers could use it that way.

When i tried to publish the accde to Access Services, it gave me the error of VBA is passowrd protected which it's not but I'm guessing that it's b/c it's an accde and the VBA isn't available unless you're in the accdb.

Is it possible to publish a 2010 accde to Access Services and customers that have Access 2007 still use it?

2nd question:

If I have to publish the accdb to Access Services, how do I force it to open a particular form on the web?

I've was success in publishing the DB but it was asking me to choose a form to open upon using the Db and when I went to File/Options/General Applications, Web form was 'none' and there wasn't anything in the dropdown that I could choose.

I have a default form if you open it in Access and it works fine but I can't do it for the Web.

Thanks!

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 00:04
Basically you will have to start over from scratch with a Access web database. You will need to recreate everything as web objects.You can forget about using an VBA code in an Access Web database. You can only use Macros.

If you have lots of VBA code then you may want to switch to using VB.net/ASP.net or Terminal Services. I like to use a Terminal Server to allow users to run a remote session. This allows you to use your Access app with little or not modifications.

I have been experimenting with IronSpeed designer to create a .net web app based on my database tables.

Last edited:

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Yesterday, 23:04
IronSpeed designer - Please share your opinion and experience.
A useful tool would be great to know about.

An alternative to Web if the application is intranet / vpn based is to use Citrix. While there are a few rules that must be followed (e.g. front-end / back-end) the VBA code will run. The Citrix client is used in stead of the Web Browser. The bandwidth is much smaller and all of the processing takes place on the server. Some call this Near-Web or other names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom