Smart Fuses (1 Viewer)

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:22
Interesting.

They've employed thermal cut-out's on things like electric windows for years now, simply because a 30 or 40 amp fuse was troublesome if the window was sticking or someones hand got in the way. Also the electronics driving the windows became way more sophisticated.

I remember finding a third fuse box on the Wife's Renault that wasn't even listed in the handbook...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I thought the way they calculate the amperage required for the sunroof was interesting! The fact that it has to open in frosty weather, I mean sure that's the worst case scenario, but who's going to open the sunroof on a frosty day?

If you can see yourself opening the sunroof on a frosty day, then please respond with your name below. I will put you on my "Hardman list" and make a note not to piss you off! Ladies need not reply, they know why!

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
We frequently take the roof down on our MX-5, as long as it's sunny, it can be 2 degrees :)

Have heater will get fresh air !

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 07:22
Full heat on the feet may be a bit much if you have your cabin buttoned up... I can see it.

Then again I've had to drive around in rather cold environs in vehicles without doors so who am I to judge... ☺

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom