Report data in month columns and year rows (1 Viewer)

JoeBruce

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:57
Hey folks; I am trying to make a report that creates a simple chart of my data, which would look something like this:

Code:
           Month1       Month2        Month3       (etc)     Total
Year1     TotalM1,Y1   TotalM2,Y1   TotalM3,Y1     (etc)    TotalY1
Year2     TotalM1,Y2   TotalM2,Y2   TotalM3,Y2     (etc)    TotalY2
Totals    TotalM1,allY TotalM2,allY TotalM3,allY   (etc)   Total allM,allY

Hopefully that example chart makes sense. There would be a column for every month, and a few extra rows for other years. I have a query which pulls the CalendarYear and CalendarMonth out of my table with all the dates, and I have used this to make other reports that organize the data by year. So I feel like I have the necessary stuff, I'm just not sure how to get the right report design I want.

Thanks for any advice. I'll be monitoring to respond to the follow-up questions :)

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:57
you haven't said how your data is structured but on the basis it is normalised, use a crosstab query to base your report on

use the report wizard initially to get your basic design - you'll then probably need to move the total columns from the left to the right

JoeBruce

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:57
Thanks, CJ. I had read a bit about crosstab queries but did not make the connection. That did the trick.

And yes my DB is normalized. I understand the importance of that principle and how it affects everything, but I didn't want to launch into a discussion of DB design when asking a basic reports question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom