Volume tracker in access (1 Viewer)

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
Today, 07:09
Thank you so much for your time and effort. In any case could you please give a proper shape to the attachment in the 1st post, where at least i can use it for myself to track the details on daily basis.

Please read what mike60smart has asked or look at the post from CJ_London. The information you have supplied is not enough. We do not know what you require from you system, we have no parameters to work from or to. Just telling us 'I need to track things daily' is of no help whatsoever. I'm guessing English is not your first language so it's difficult for you to express what you actually need. Microsoft Access is an extremely precise piece of software and requires extremely precise data that is 'normalised'. To help you we need extremely precise question. 'Shape' of software is something that eludes me.

Try asking specific questions like:

How can I make a combobox list only items that include towns in Germany

or

I cannot make a textbox display a total, how do I do that?

These are the types of question we can help you with.

AbhishekA

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 23:09
Hi

The problem is that we do not as yet understand what it is you need.

Can you explain Step by Step what it is you need to do.

If you can use a pen and pencil to create the various tables you need.

For example if I was dealing with Customers who Order various Items.

This indicates that I need the following tables:-

Customers
Order
OrderDetails

Okay,
People will login and then use the access file. For that user details will be pre-defined

For Login and user database: -
a. Need a table to enter the user/Processor details
b. Need a login form

After logging in they will enter daily transaction in the forms. Each time they hit the button ‘add record’ data in the form should save in the back end.

For capturing the daily data: -
a. Need a form to enter the data
b. Need a table to capture the data

With the data captured in the back end will use all user data and generate the reports.

For reporting: -
a. Table To collect all the data from different users
b. Reports based on Date(Daily, weekly and monthly), user/Processor name, request type, action taken.

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
Okay,
People will login and then use the access file. For that user details will be pre-defined

For Login and user database: -
a. Need a table to enter the user/Processor details
b. Need a login form

After logging in they will enter daily transaction in the forms. Each time they hit the button ‘add record’ data in the form should save in the back end.

For capturing the daily data: -
a. Need a form to enter the data
b. Need a table to capture the data

With the data captured in the back end will use all user data and generate the reports.

For reporting: -
a. Table To collect all the data from different users
b. Reports based on Date(Daily, weekly and monthly), user/Processor name, request type, action taken.

Still nowhere near enough information. Does it have to be a secure login with password? Just a name?

What sort of data do you want to capture? Just text? Includes pictures or PDF files?

AbhishekA, we are not here to plan and write your database, you must have a clear idea in DETAIL of what you actually want. Think about what you actually want to get out of your database, that will dictate what needs to go in. Plan your tables accordingly, do not create it so you have to enter any information twice. This is your database and you need to plan it, yes, we will help guide you, we will answer any question we can but YOU need to plan it and write it.

There are many, many resources available around the Internet to give you an idea of how to plan.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:09
AbhishekA, you must understand that with every business there are differences from every other business even in the same general field of commerce in the same city. Each boss is different, each country has different regulatory issues, and each set of potential users of a system will be different. We cannot possibly know all of the ins and outs of your business.

YOU have to be the subject matter expert. We can't be. We can answer technical questions, true, and we can sometimes offer code snippets for specific functions. You need to compose a project guideline document that expresses what you want to do and why you want it done in a certain way. You need to enumerate your desired outputs and your available inputs. Only YOU can actually know any of this.

I don't want to be rude about it, but it is not realistic for you to expect us to do your job for you. adrianscotter expressed this idea as well. He sees what I see, and I think he's right. We are happy to help with suggested approaches - but only you can really do your job. Your posts seem to indicate that you somehow expect us to do all of this. It just doesn't work that way. If the reason your posts are the way they are is due to a language barrier, that would be one thing. But we don't see evidence of that barrier.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Sounds like something we had to use in Lloyds Bank.

For every case we worked, we had to enter the result of the case, the type of the case and other information.
The system logged the date and time and the user of course, on data entry.
They then produced reports to see how many case you did per day, or even within certain time bands.
If there was any large differences between times of each record entered (each case was allowed about 6 minutes for my one of my jobs, others less, the odd one more) then you were interrogated as to why the 'discrepancy' occurred.

Is that the sort of thing you are looking to monitor?

AbhishekA

Registered User.
Local time
Still nowhere near enough information. Does it have to be a secure login with password? Just a name?

What sort of data do you want to capture? Just text? Includes pictures or PDF files?

AbhishekA, we are not here to plan and write your database, you must have a clear idea in DETAIL of what you actually want. Think about what you actually want to get out of your database, that will dictate what needs to go in. Plan your tables accordingly, do not create it so you have to enter any information twice. This is your database and you need to plan it, yes, we will help guide you, we will answer any question we can but YOU need to plan it and write it.

There are many, many resources available around the Internet to give you an idea of how to plan.
Yes, That has to be secure login with password.. Only admin should have the access to change the password for users. User table contains - Emp Name, Emp ID and password.

No need of capturing any files or pictures only data.
Format of data entered in the form will be: Date – Date, processor name – Text, Plan # - General (Alpha numeric), Plan Type – Text, participant name – text, Request Type – Text, Action taken – Text,

mike60smart

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

So how is the actual data received by the Users? Is it by Telephone?

How many users would be using the database at any one time?

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
Hi

This will need to come to you mike60smart. I'm done with telling this person we're not about to plan / write it, we're here to help with specific code or logic issues.:banghead:

There has been no attempt to try and plan / write something, just plagiarise something else with no effort on their part. (And expect everyone here to do that part for them to boot!)

adrianscotter

Registered old fart!
Local time
Yes, That has to be secure login with password.. Only admin should have the access to change the password for users. User table contains - Emp Name, Emp ID and password.

No need of capturing any files or pictures only data.
Format of data entered in the form will be: Date – Date, processor name – Text, Plan # - General (Alpha numeric), Plan Type – Text, participant name – text, Request Type – Text, Action taken – Text,

Then get writing sunshine, why are you telling us this?:confused:

AbhishekA

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Users will receive the requests in another tool. (Tool is just made to receive the request nothing else). User will enter all the details which they receive from the tool in the Form manually.

There will be 10 people using the database at a time. I have added more details in the attachment

Attachments

• Daily Volume tracker.xlsx
    70.3 KB · Views: 69

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom