Access App (not web app) on Sharepoint (1 Viewer)

supmktg

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:23
I am trying to run an Access front end with a Sql Server backend from an Office 365 Sharepoint site.

I published the (A2010) accdb to Access Services using my Sharepoint url. It uploaded a the local tables, but ignored the linked SQL server tables. It also uploaded a few of the forms, but most of the forms errored out in the sync process according to the error table that was produced. None of the reports or code modules were uploaded as they errored out as well. Also, although the few tables and forms appear on the site, I cannot open any of them on the site.

I was under the impression that Access should be installed as part of the Office 365 Sharepoint site, and that I could publish and allow my team to run the application from there.

Is there a setting that I have to set?
Does Access need to be installed separately on Sharepoint?
Am I mistaken about the ability to run an actual Access Application on Sharepoint?

I appreciate any help and advice that I can get!

Thanks,
Sup

supmktg

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:23
Update: Access App (not web app) on Sharepoint

I think I have determined that "Publishing" an A2010 accdb to Office 365 Sharepoint does nothing but save some of the objects to a sub site. It seems that Office 365 Sharepoint requires A2013 to open or edit the uploaded objects, which need to be downloaded in order to do so.

I believe that A2013 has the ability to create an "Access App package" which can then be uploaded to Access Services on Sharepoint. I'm not sure if the app will run on Sharepoint on its own using A2013 runtime, or if each user will need to have A2013 on their workstation to run it. (Or whether it will work at all?)

I hope to have Access 2013 installed shortly, so I can hopefully figure this out.

If anyone has done this before, I'd appreciate any insight!

Thanks,
Sup

P.S. This is running on Office 365 E3 Sharepoint site which includes Access Services

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom