Access 2010 - Referencing a 3rd party interoperable provider from VBA code (1 Viewer)

Phil Cee

Local time
Today, 07:56
I've been tasked with writing VBA in Access 2010 to consume web services provided by a 3rd party. Unfortunately these web services are only accessible through a .net client API & I've no idea of how to utilise this within the VBA code.
The limited documentation I've received from the 3rd party is geared entirely to ASP.net / JAVA development, although it does make a brief reference to an '...interoperable provider which provides support for COM compliant applications such as classic ASP, VB6 and VBScript...'.
As may be apparent, this is the first time I've worked with Access / VBA, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 10:56
API must be declared in a module. ex:
in a module , in the header of the module (no subs), the following code is to access the Shell app via Microsoft API. I'd bet your client API is similar.

Code:
Option Compare Database
Option Explicit

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias "ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpszOp As String, ByVal lpszFile As String, ByVal lpszParams As String, ByVal lpszDir As String, ByVal FsShowCmd As Long) As Long
Private Declare Function GetDesktopWindow Lib "user32" () As Long

Phil Cee

Local time
Ranman256: Thanks for your help, it pointed me in the right direction.

Rx_

Nothing In Moderation
Local time
Today, 08:56
Could you please share more about what you are doing how how the VBA plays into the Web App? As you noted, there is sparse documentation about this.
Many of us beginners in this realm would appreciate knowing more about the objectives and how they were solved.

Regards

Phil Cee

Local time
Could you please share more about what you are doing how how the VBA plays into the Web App? As you noted, there is sparse documentation about this.
Many of us beginners in this realm would appreciate knowing more about the objectives and how they were solved.

Regards

This is my situation:

The company use a MS Access 2010 interface to display data from a SQL Server 2008 database. They now have to extract data from a 3rd party database (type unknown). The 3rd party provide web services but, due to additional security layers, these web services can only be accessed using Client APIs provided by the 3rd party. The Client APIs have been written to work specifically with JAVA or .net.

When I get that mish-mash working, I'll put a more detailed solution up...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom