NuBuilderPro (1 Viewer)

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
Today, 05:00
Dear All

Are you looking for a relatively simple and cheap web based form database builder similar in principle to MS Access?

I've been searching for a long time for a relatively cheap web database option. I love MS Access and I will continue to use it when I can especially for the more complicated tasks. I have however found an open source option that seems very good its called nuBuilderPro for simple web based applications - I'm still getting into it and its got some of the wacky complications of 3 tier web applications but it seems very simple and I could create a simple form with login after about 2 hours of investigation. Still to get sub forms working but seems like it is a real goer.

Its called nuBuilderPro

https://www.nubuilder.net/

It works on the LAMP stack - and I don't have that at home so I just splashed out on a subscription to a development environment which I felt was very reasonable at about $14 a month. This will give me a year or so to see if I can really make something useful.

https://www.nubuilder.net/hosting.php

Before this I had been looking at things like zoho creator and alpha 5 I even went and tried alpha 5 for the 30 day free trial and it was good but at 1,500 dollars a year it really isn't practical similarly zoho creator just feels like you have an evil rented landlord

I guess if I get committed to the project enough I could go out and get my own lamp stack.

Thought I should bring it to your attention. I could see this working well with access if you have to make up simple data entry forms for distributed users which can easily be fed back to a back end and linked up to more powerful forms associated with access.

Something for people to think about. Its open source built by some guys in Australia and the forum is a bit desolate there are instructions but only one set and they are quite short. It is not as easy or flexible as MS Access but its accessible , cheaper than anything else I've seen and not terribly difficult but most importantly it is web based. I hope to document my use of it if I am successful and maybe publicise it a bit more. I think it deserves to be better known.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom