Access and Excel (1 Viewer)

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:17
Hi, I am attempting to pull specific data from access with calculations to store in excel. I am new to coding so I am not sure how I should go about this. In the attachment, In table 3 I am aiming to find the percentage of sum quantities 3 and 4 over the total sum quantity. However, I am only looking for those values which come from a specific region in table 2 which is where things get complicated. I need to find a way in which I can select only that data from a particular region in table 2 and use those BIN to input data across fields in excel based on their elements. I know it sounds complicated as I am very confused myself!

Attachments

• AnotherSample.accdb
    640 KB · Views: 61

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Hi. I got your message and will try to take a look at your file when I get a chance to download it. Cheers!

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you so much! I am also attaching what I want the finished product to look like in hopes of helping piece my thought together. Let me know if you have any questions!

Attachments

• Example.png
    Example.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 66

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:17
Thank you so much! I am also attaching what I want the finished product to look like in hopes of helping piece my thought together. Let me know if you have any questions!
Hi. I downloaded your file, but there's only three tables in it, and one of them is empty. Looking at your screenshot of what you want to get, it doesn't help me understand how your three tables are related to each other to get the result you want. For example, in your screenshot, there is a Deck and Slabs column. I see this as a field in one of your tables, but that table is empty. How do I get the value 0.67, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0.4, 0.91, etc to fill in this field? Where are they supposed to come from?

rsingh4377

Registered User.
Local time
Hi theDBguy, so basically I want to be able to create a criteria in either access or excel where I would be able to find a BIN in all records and based on that BIN I want to put particular elements into a new table and so on going across. For example, if I am looking for BIN 1234, there are duplicate records under the BIN field with that same number so I want to find that BIN and move on to the next criteria for a particular cell/value and find multiple elements from the next field, so say the elements I am looking for include 1,2,3 and 4. Each element is entered in its own record so I am trying to create a criteria/code in either access or excel to find BIN 1234 for elements 1,2,3 and 4 for one particular cell. I am sure I will be able to duplicate this code once I am able to find the correct code for one cell. Please Help!And just to clear which data are included, I am looking for a simple math equation once I am able to find my desired data. I am looking for the percentage makeup of cs3 and cs4 out of the entire sum quantity. So it would be ((cs3+cs4)/sum quantity)*100

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom