HELP with Query (1 Viewer)

testernow

Local time
Yesterday, 20:22
Hi people,

I need urgent help with an access database.

I have an append query that give me a table.
But I did something wrong, because I have my IDs grouped in one line, when my idea were to have one line for one ID.

I think that probably I wrote something wrong in my SQL code.

Can I help me ? Suggestions, please....

Big thank you

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
Welcome to the Forum! :D

Since APPEND queries don't create tables I think we will need to see the SQL of the query.

testernow

Local time
Right :)

My Append queries add records to a table. The problem is that the records add to a table are "grouped" in one line and my goal is to have several lines.

Something like this...

Ex: Author of Book Title of Book ID
A B 3

But I want have something like this
A B 123
A C 124
A D 125

Each Book have an ID unique (a number).
The problem is that actually access count Books from same author and group them (3).

How can i solve this ?

Thank you

testernow

Local time
Yes I have a GROUPED BY

This is probably an stupid question (sorry)...but I am starting learning and working with this.

I can simply remove all GROUPED BY ?

Thank you :)

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
Your data is being grouped, you don't want it to be grouped. Answer seem too simple, am I missing something?

testernow

Local time
Right
My data are being grouped...I need them grouped...but i need also see my IDs...each one in one line...and actually is not happen...this is the problem...

Can I Grouped my books for their author and year but show also their unique ID.

Actually access group my books for their author and year (and this is ok), but when i do this, I miss their unique ID...

But I'm thinking now that in the reallity what I want this is impossible or i have to think in other form to group.

The other option is present data without group and then apply filters to obtain the information that I need.

Big thank you for your help.

GinaWhipp

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 23:22
Sounds to me two queries are needed especially if you want to display the results in subforms which I think you figured out in your last post.

testernow

Local time
I will think about my problem and test other forms and then I share with you.
But I thank you for your help.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
I think you should demonstrate with data what you are trying to accomplish. Provide 2 sets:

A. STarting sample data from your table. Include table and field names and enough data to cover all cases.

B. Expected results of A. Show what you expect to end up with when you feed in the data from A.

testernow

Local time
Thank you for your help.
My problem was resolved more easily that i had thinking. I created a new query without group by and the result that i expected was obtained.

Now...I have one more question: If i want that my access file update one table linked to an odbc and export file update to one folder...all days at same hour... how can I do this ?

I heard that it is possible.

Someone with experience ?

Thank you for your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom