Update Filtered Records on Sub Form (1 Viewer)

Snowflake68

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:51
I have an Access database that is used for comparing changes to existing sales orders from a new file which I import and then do the comparisons and mark the records accordingly in several columns in the table.

I have a main form with a Datasheet sub form containing a list of the orders that have changed (this is bound to a query)

The datasheet can be filtered by the user to display specific records. e.g 'Qty Changed' (=Yes) and the user decides which of the sales orders to accept by ticking a box (AcceptSalesOrderChanges) against each record. No problem so far.

On the main form I have a check box called chkSelectAll that when ticked I want to update the [AcceptSalesOrderChanges] column for just the filtered records.

I have the code below (which I found on the internet and then modified) which updates the column called [AcceptSalesOrderChanges] and just for the filtered records to save the user having to tick each and every box.

My issue is that sometimes this code works and other times it doesn't and I cant figure out why. I only seems to work when the data is filtered apart from when the form is first loaded.

I have attached a stripped down version of the app in the hope that someone can work out whats going on.

When you open the app you will be presented with a form showing you the data. If you then filter one of the columns say 'Qty Changed' to only show the 'Yes' values and then click on the 'select all' tick box it will update all of the records in the subform datasheet (all good). If you untick the 'Select All' it will untick all of the filtered records (still all good). BUT when you remove the filter/s and then use the 'select all' it no longer works. :banghead:

Ive tried adding code to requery the subform at various different points. Also tried saving the data in the subform as I also keep getting the 'Data has changed' message.

Hope someone can help please as its been driving me nuts for days now :eek:

Code:
Private Sub chkSelectAll_AfterUpdate()

DoCmd.SetWarnings False

Me!sfrmRR_Check_SO_Changes.Requery

Dim rs As DAO.Recordset

Set rs = Me!sfrmRR_Check_SO_Changes.Form.RecordsetClone

While Not rs.EOF
    rs.Edit
    If chkSelectAll = vbTrue Then
        rs!AcceptSalesOrderChanges.Value = True
    Else
        rs!AcceptSalesOrderChanges.Value = False
    End If

rs.Update
    rs.MoveNext
Wend

Set rs = Nothing

Requery

DoCmd.SetWarnings True

End Sub

Attachments

• SampleFilteredRecords.accdb
    1.5 MB · Views: 69

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:51
Is this a multi-user db? Simultaneous users will conflict with each other.

Add:

rs.MoveFirst
While Not rs.EOF

Snowflake68

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:51
Is this a multi-user db? Simultaneous users will conflict with each other.

Add:

rs.MoveFirst
While Not rs.EOF
No it's just a single user app.
Ive added the code and all appears to be working fine now.
Many thanks much appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom