OCX file for Access cadalendar (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 13:46
I have a Access calendar made long ago, now win, no long supplies the OCX file needed to run it. Tech had to reset my wife’s computer to default/factory.

I have had this problem before and I have always been able to install the OCX successfully. Here is the directions I have saved.
To make calendar work: on windows 8:1

Copy mscomct2.ocx to C:\windows\system 32 and to c:\ C:\windows\syswow64
Then, Right click on start, click command prompt (Admin)
Type in regsvr32 C:\windows\syswow64\mscomct2.ocx
Hit enter
worked good on HP on 6/3/2017
Not working this time.
Does anybody see anything I am doing wrong?

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
If I recall correctly that ocx file doesn't work on 64-bit systems.

You could try an alternative date picker form that doesn't require any external files.
It works in both 32-bit & 64-bit Access.
See https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=298062

Thanks for answering
No so my wife’s computer ran than program for the last 3 or 4 years until the tech wife it clean of malware and other junk. My computer is also still running it.

Attachments

• DicksCalendar ver3 new.zip
    133.9 KB · Views: 85

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
I would highly recommend you use something like Ridder proposes. It is extremely portable since it is all native Access controls. MS is making it really difficult for these OCXs to be portable between platforms. Mine use to work until I got patched at work. Your DB fails for me and I have no permissions to register these.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:46
Dick
It also fails for me running 32-bit Windows 10.
The ocx file is not installed with win 10 which is one reason I suggested using an alternative.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Dick
It also fails for me running 32-bit Windows 10.
The ocx file is not installed with win 10 which is one reason I suggested using an alternative.

thanks again for answering.
If you mean trying an "alternative" a new calendar program, I have look at many over the years and they just don't do what I need, which is why I built the one I up to loaded to AWF. I haven’t looked at any lately. My program, will, of course not work on your machine without the OCX. My data goes back to 1990, on 4 machines. I dread the thought of trying to sink all the data on 4 machines, not to mention the learning curve. My machine right at this moment is running it fine. It's my wife's computer that the tech cleared all the carabbage and also the OCX. It’s not the first time I have had to do this. Every time I buy a new computer I have had to install this file, and it installed properly. The full name of the file is (mscomct2.ocx) which I believe is a MS file, at least it came with the calendar with access, many years ago. Or maybe it came with WIN.

MajP

Local time
Your steps look correct. What message did you get after registering? Here is a visual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ZYp9G0GAA
but I do not see anything different.
What version of windows and Access? In W10 it is no longer delivered and you have to go out and get it. It should work both 32 and 64, but there is a lot on the net on this. Google MSCOMCT However, using one of the home grown versions should not be very hard. It has nothing to do with your data or really any learning curve. It is just another calendar control.

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Your steps look correct. What message did you get after registering? Here is a visual
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3ZYp9G0GAA
but I do not see anything different.
What version of windows and Access? In W10 it is no longer delivered and you have to go out and get it. It should work both 32 and 64, but there is a lot on the net on this. Google MSCOMCT However, using one of the home grown versions should not be very hard. It has nothing to do with your data or really any learning curve. It is just another calendar control.

thanks
Win 10 64 bit
I misunderstood. I thought people were saying find another calendar program.
another calendar control sounds like a viable option.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:46
Been a while since I mess with calendars. Is it in the ActiveX controls, if so what is it's name. If not where is it?
Dick, the "Date picker" is set up by default when you create a date field.

Date.JPG

Date2.jpg

Date3.JPG

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Huh. It picks dates and between dates. I guess there is something really super duper advanced with the alternatives I am missing.

Yes it works ok if you want to select a date close to today.

However lets say you want to pick 31 Dec 2008. You either need to scroll back month by month until you reach 2008 or use the current year then alter it manually or ignore the date picker completely.

The alternative I suggested allows you to select month and year so is quicker to use.

MajP

Local time
I guess there is something really super duper advanced with the alternatives I am missing.
As far as I know there is no longer any access native calendar control. There is a simple date picker which may or may not meet the user needs. But yes a calendar control either OCX or home grown provides a lot more capability.
1) Can be embedded in a form and remain visible
2) Can be set via code and can have custom events
3) Not linked to a single control
4) Can be resized or reformatted
5) Can select a range of values
6) Can have easier navigation

The homegrown versions are more portable for access applications.

MajP

Local time
Dick,
I looked at your code and yes the active X control does a lot more than any date picker. You can set visible days and multi select a range of dates using the .bold functionality. I know of nothing that does the same. However, I looked at your code and even I could not figure out what was going on? You have loops and timers and nothing makes any sense to me. This may be a dummy downed version. There is a lot of dead code in there. Can you explain what you are trying to do? I have a control where you can see the activities for a month or add to those. I think you can way simple down what you are trying to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom