The future of Access Apps for SharePoint (1 Viewer)

Joris

Local time
Today, 19:59
I've heard some people saying Microsoft is not going to support Access Apps for SharePoint in the future. The focus in on PowerApps now.
Does anyone have more information on this? Is it worth putting time into developing Access Web Apps?
Thanks!

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:59
Unfortunately, the rumors are true. I beleive by mid 2018 MS will no longer support web Access. However, if you never upgrade Access or Sharepoint then you should be good for a little while.

I myself do not use the publish/web feature and only use SP as a BE.

Joris

Local time
Guess I'd better get familiar with PowerApps then. If anyone knows of a good starting point for learning PowerApps, I'd appreciate it.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:59

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Guess it depends on what you are doing but Powerapps do not have a good reputation with web app developers having to migrate. Implication being there are lots of things you can't do in powerapps which you could do in webapps.

If you are just starting out, decide what it is you are doing, then look for the most appropriate solution for back end and front end.

Reactions: Rx_

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:59
However if you have sharepoint on your own servers, you should be OK for a while longer - see para 5 of the above link

Good point, such as the case with my organization. I forget that others are not in the same boat...

ThomasVDS

Local time
Hi,
I would like to migrate my AWA to a 'new' Azure server.
But when migrating via Access desktop, I lost all my relationships (lookups). Is this normal? Or do I need to migrate to Sharepoint lists? I am not really a fan, but I have been reading that relationships will remain this way.

Thanks for your help!

Kr

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
@Thomas, you have hijacked an old thread and are unlikely to get any responses, recommend you start a new thread.

Although I am aware of sharepoint and AWA's I do not use them so cannot help with your question. I also don't understand what you mean by 'relationships (lookups)', they are completely unrelated, so you might want to expand on that in your new thread.

I can say you only have a few more days to complete your migration before the AWA ceases to work (unless you have sharepoint on your own servers, i.e. not a server hosted by Microsoft)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom