QRCode Image Generator (1 Viewer)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:20
This database developed from discussion in https://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=299589

Offer no guarantees but it does seem to work nicely.

At its core is an Excel workbook built by Johan Schoeman - his details are in the workbook. Be aware the workbook is password protected by the author and therefore no analysis of its VBA can be done. I am not able to get QRCode images to generate from the workbook alone. Thanks to @arnelgp for locating this workbook and building an Access application to manipulate it. Even though code worked for him, it would not for several of us testing. Posted here is my modified version of that Access file. Workbook is embedded in table Attachment field. Code extracts and manipulates workbook.

Also attached is a completely different workbook that generates QRCode patterns. This one does not use VBA. Found at http://blog.ambor.com/2013/03/create-qr-codes-in-excel-or-any.html

Attachments

• QR.xlsx
    205.9 KB · Views: 2,462
  • QRCode.accdb
    764 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:20
Hi June,
A couple of sections within access world forums are moderated. This means that posts made in those sections have to be approved by a moderator. This is to discourage conversations taking place in those sections...

In particular this sample database provided by yourself is moderated and no one is able to see it except moderators!

Unfortunately the vbulletin software is not able to, or possibly not set up to notify moderators when a post is hidden.

To get around this bug we are currently experimenting with the idea of "reporting your own post"..

In future, if you post something in one of these moderators sections, just press the report post button and Report your own Post! This will report your post to the moderators. Include a comment like "please could you approve my post" and it will be brought to the attention of the moderators, who will then be able to approve your post and the attachments. I mentioned attachments because attachments need to be approved separately...

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
In future, if you post something in one of these moderators sections, just press the report post button and Report your own Post! This will report your post to the moderators. Include a comment like "please could you approve my post" and it will be brought to the attention of the moderators, who will then be able to approve your post and the attachments. I mentioned attachments because attachments need to be approved separately...

Hi Tony

Although I do exactly what you said myself (on your advice), the flaw with this system is that:
a) you can't report the post until you've sent it
b) if sending to a moderated area, you can't then see the post again until its approved ... so you still can't directly report it!

So I just click on another post of mine, report that & explain which post I'm referring to. As you already stated, mention there is one or more attachments to be approved as well

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
b) if sending to a moderated area, you can't then see the post again until its approved ... so you still can't directly report it!

Thanks for the heads up Colin. I had noticed that posts reported didn't link to the post requiring moderation, now I know why!

As the defacto tester in this experiment, do you think it's working, or should an alternative by sort?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
I can't think of a better alternative.
As already mentioned, I just click on another post, report that and if necessary state there are N attachments. It's always worked well for me.

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:20
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom