Hello World (1 Viewer)

Bigfishprf

Local time
Yesterday, 23:07
Hi there
I am completely new to Access. I intend using it only for fun and maybe to help friends out with stuff they would like to do...... all for free of course. In the past I have taught myself just enough VB to get a bit more out of Excel (thank God for Excel VB for Dummies). And now Access 2016 for Dummies has got me going with the basics. My approach to learning tends to be a little haphazard in that I work out what it is I want to do and then set about finding out how to do it. I prefer real problems rather than abstract learning. I am now retired but spent many years working with systems analysts and programmers so I have a good grasp of the need for structure and logic but I don't have the technical programmimg knowledge to fall back on. So with your help, we will see what happens.
Thanks
Paul

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:07
Welcome from another Paul...we're taking over! :p

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:07
Hello, Paul. I am one of those retired system programmer/analyst/administrator types that you may have worked with. Toss in security admin as well, since I was the de facto security wonk for my dinosaur of a system. Wasn't that huge, but WAS that old.

Programming is one of those skills where organization ahead of time will help you a lot. Proper preparation is a major key to success. Nicklaus Wirth, the "father" of the PASCAL language, once suggested (paraphrasing) that 80% of all program problems originate in poor design. And when Prof. Wirth says something THAT simple, he is usually right.

Welcome aboard, Paul

- Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom