Win 10 win explorer internet link (1 Viewer)

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:14
I have been telling my wife for years she can’t have a link in windows explorer (win10) to take her to a web page. I made a db with a link field that can take her to whatever web page inspires her little heart. Oops! all of a sudden one show up in one of her folder. I had to have put it there because she can’t put stuff in win explorer. I have no idea how it got there. I have googled for hours and can’t come up with anything that works. Help me out.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 11:14
You can do this on the desktop or anywhere you like in explorer.

Click and hold an empty space on the screen, click New...Shortcut...then type an web address or use one of the list of recent pages that appear in the dropdown list that appears.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
You can even just drag the url icon to the desktop or a folder.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You can even just drag the url icon to the desktop or a folder.

I didn't mention that approach as it doesn't work using Edge (at least for me)
However, it does work using Chrome, Firefox & IE and is definitely the easiest method from those browsers

I wonder why the functionality was removed from Edge

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Nor for me Colin. However I only use the Microsoft Recommended Browser as a last resort. :D

Dick7Access

Dick S
Local time
Today, 07:14
You can do this on the desktop or anywhere you like in explorer.

Click and hold an empty space on the screen, click New...Shortcut...then type an web address or use one of the list of recent pages that appear in the dropdown list that appears.

Yes, I have some on the desk top already, its on win explorer (formerly file manager) that I can't insert a link.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Nor for me Colin. However I only use the Microsoft Recommended Browser as a last resort. :D

Ditto - I normally use Chrome, but you may remember the endless problems I had with Edge resetting itself as the default PDF reader.
As a result Edge does get some use.
As indeed does IE as no matter what browser you use, certain VBA functions use IE to download files e.g. Google static maps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom