Configuration tool Database (Minty thanks for naming) (1 Viewer)

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:51
Hi Guys,

i want to create relational database using Access.

In my model i would like to focus first on creating main relationships and later, when you will understand model - i would like to go further.

I have Topology information (topology is a system), Customer, Workload (Topo1 from Topologies tab can divide into Workload1 and Workload2, but this is not always), and server info.

This is a configuration tool.

Customer is choosing topology (system) and specific server assigned to it.
When Topo1 is choosen, then can be also choosen one workload for it. (It is distinction for OLAP or OLTP but this could not be required).

Server have bunch of characteristics. One of them is infrastructure.

Customer1 and Customer2 has to have server with Infrastructure1, but Customer3 has to have possibility to choose only servers on Infrastructure2.

How properly design database here?

Maybe junction table it is not necessary?

My thinking here is:
Customers can have choose bunch of topologies/systems. Like Topo1, Topo2 and Topo3. For each of them we can have a lot of different servers.
We should also have possiblity to in easily way change server assignment to different Customer, or different topology or both of them.

Best,
Jacek

Attachments

• Screenshot_50.jpg
    Screenshot_50.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Database Servers And Systems.zip
    97.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:51
I thought this question might have been asked before? - so it's either a double post or it's been missed so again, I'm bumping it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom