Hello everyone. I need testers for cool UI Components (1 Viewer)

xkrishx

Local time
Yesterday, 16:02
Hi and good day to everyone. Hope this is appropriate.

I'm Krish and I've joined this forum to find fellow access programmers who might be interested in helping out to test a collection of "cool UI components".

If you are interested please have a look at my GitHub page github.com/krishKM/VBA_TOOLS

There is a sample access database from which you can copy the functions/components to your project. The test is simple, just let us know any bugs that you encounter during day to day usage and or any suggestions towards improvements.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
krish

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 00:02
Hi Krish
Welcome from me as well

I think your post is perfectly OK as the tools are free to download via GitHub.
If others disagree I'm sure they will speak up.

OK I bit the bait & have downloaded the sample app & the dll
I have only had a very quick play but there are some things that look interesting.
I got a few error messages which I'll let you know about when I test it properly over the next week or so

3 initial questions:
1. Does the dll work on both 32-bit & 64-bit or do I need the separate dll with the same name for 64-bit.
2. Re: the notifications alert to the desktop.
I can already create system tray alerts in Access but these aren't interactive.
Is it possible to customise yours so it mimics the Windows 10 notifications? Can it be interactive i.e. click on it to do something like open a file or go to a specified URL
3. What is the best way to provide any future feedback on this?
Reply to this thread / PM or email?

xkrishx

Local time
Yesterday, 16:02
First of all thank you very much for accepting this post.
I'm glad the component caught your interest.

64bit: I have never had the chance to test on a 64bit environment but I did compile 64bit dll which is in the sample folder. I guess someone with 64bit office must test and let us know :)

Notifications: Yes you can have hyperlinks which can open an URL. In fact, the sample provided already contains an URL. I must check whether it can open file.

Feedbacks: Reply to this post is a good idea so others from this forum can also contribute on that idea. I will move each ideas to GitHub as "issues" so I can track and close them once completed.

Again many thanks for your participation.
Krish

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom