export report as xBRL in Access 03 (1 Viewer)

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Today, 12:49
Hi guys

I need to export a report in Access in xBRL, what is the best way if the report is in Access 03.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 00:49
Never heard of it.
cant you export to Excel (everyone's heard of this) THEN import .xls into this xBRL?
or
export to .xls, then in a newer Excel, export to .xlm? Or is the excel old too?

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) like HTML tagging to have a uniform platform for comparable financial data

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:49
Like all non-Office formats, you need a translator for this so Access can convert it.

Forward your question to Microsoft to determine if they have a plug-in that exposes some elements, properties, and methods so you can perform the required conversion. (I'm not advising you to hold your breath on that.)

Failing that, see if they have plans for an output formatter similar to the .PDF formatter, which would allow you to do an OutputTo operation.

If that doesn't work, look for 3rd party software that is available as a DLL or other type of library and that offers "hooks" under Common Object Model standards.

I looked up some stuff online before answering this but didn't see much that appears useful. But I'll admit it was a cursory search.

FuzMic

DataBase Tinker
Local time
Doc Thank you for your care & effort. God bless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom