Automatic backup to FlashDrive (1 Viewer)

JesseH

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:36
We have had several laptop disk crashes. Obviously, back up were never done by the users. Is there a routine that will run using the "autorun" on the flash drive that will automatically copy files on the harddrive to the flash drive.

Thanks

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:36
If your using Windows 7 then you can use the backup software in windows for that purpose. You can schedule it if you wish or run ad-hoc. I know it can also be run from a command prompt so set up a batch file to autorun.

Also if you take a look out there there are a lot of reasonable priced NAS or USB Harddrives that come with backup software which will run when you connect to them. Of the top of my head some of the buffalo units have this function.

JesseH

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the Help

speakers_86

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:36
Microsoft offers a free tool that may help. I believe its called synctoy. I've been meaning to get it myself.

JesseH

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the help. I will look into it

lapwlover

Local time
[FONT=&quot]Here I just to say if you are a home user, why do consider use the third party free software, they are more versatility than the windows built-in tools. I use to do backup free in my computer, it is easy to use! Of cause it offer automatic backup to flash drive.[/FONT]

JesseH

Registered User.
Local time
Can you please provide software name.

Thanks

penguino29

Registered User.
Local time
Hi JesseH,

Also take a look at Dropbox. You get 2GB free online storage.

Once you've installed the dropbox client software, a folder called dropbox is created on the computer. Any updates to the dropbox folder (where you can put your database there) is saved automatically to the cloud storage without any user intervention.

shabbaranks

Registered User.
Local time
You could easily schedule a script to backup to a pen drive? Or as penguino suggested use drop box - and maybe a script which copies to the dropbox local folder? The only problem with this is the user would have to be online in order for the sync to take place so I would recommend a local/physical method as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom