Is it Just Me ? (1 Viewer)

burrina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:45
I seem to do my best work when I am dead tired, Go figure :confused:

Something to do with old age ? :eek:

Only 2 things left to do on the database I have been working on.
Famous Last Words Go Her _______________________________

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 14:45
For me when it comes to household chores I get it done quicker when I'm hungry. But as for development work I don't do so well when I'm hungry or tired.

I'm not as old as you grandpa so I'm not in a position to make any comments on age related habits ;)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:45
Don't know about the "dead tired" part, but when I was busy with my hobbyist writing, my best story composition occurred between 10PM and 2AM. Other times, I would just clean up things, tweak my grammar and spelling (because fantasy fiction confuses spell checkers to no end...), and make notes related to later events needing resolution - the "loose ends" list.

Maybe it was because when dealing with magical creatures, daytime is a bad time to write about them? They only come out at night?

Mike375

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:45
When I have been battling to get something working the answer has often come as the sun rises, that is, I have been up all night through to the morning.

Also, I seem to solve real difficult stuff while using the laptop while watching TV. In fact there have been times where I have spent a few hours non stop on a desktop and think "stuff this I will go mad":D So I copy what I have done across to laptop and turn TV on and as God is my witness the answer has then come to me in minutes.

I think it is similar to when you might be trying to think of the name of an actor or a movie or whatever and the comes all of a sudden when you have a shower.

To me I think it is a case that when you a dead tired or having a shower etc. your lateral thinking is greatly improved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom