alternative to MAIL() (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:45
all,

does anyone know what the big guys (big companies) use to send automated emails and confirmation messages? on our website we use mail(), but I'd like to know if there are any other options that the big dogs use. thanks!

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 17:45
I think they still use the Mail() function but create their own routines to handle things "smoothly". There may also be some other server side scripting technologies involved to aide it as well.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 12:45
I think they still use the Mail() function but create their own routines to handle things "smoothly". There may also be some other server side scripting technologies involved to aide it as well.

INET,

what about messages like the ones that are automated for say, a week after you make a purchase on a website. For example, the scripts they write will automatically detect purchases in the database one week ago and the emails will be sent by the computer. what about things like that? it doesn't seem like something a human being would be involved with.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You're right. You can use vbscript or javascript (for example) for handling the timing and calling events, whilst the sending of messages is done by the mail() function. You can incorporate vbscrips and/or javascripts with your php code.

Yesideez

Local time
One such library which is one I always use myself is PHPMailer - awesome class that's easy to use, handles HTML and plain text emails and emails with attachments and much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom