Committee Attendance (1 Viewer)

ChickeyD

Local time
Today, 15:33
I have a task of creating a database to track committee members attendance at meetings. Members can be on more than one committee. I have created tables for committees, committee population and committee members.

The meetings would take place once a month and do not need an exact date. A Yes/No would suffice for record of attendance. My question is what would be the best way to set up the table to track this since members can be on more than one committee?

I'm thinking that having a separate meeting table for each committee would be a bad idea. But haven't come up with any other ideas. Any suggestions???

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Here's a start for you. This is an early version of the membership database I created for the Connecticut Access Users Group. The new database is too big to be posted here so I keep this one around because of the Attendance form example of how to use a multi-select list box to select attendees and add records to the attendance table. In your case, you would need to add an additional column that would be committeeID so you can record attendance separately for each committee.

Attachments

• MembershipV3A2K.zip
    67.3 KB · Views: 345

ChickeyD

Local time
Thank you

Both of these give me some idea of what the end result should look like...I'll let you know how it turns out :)

ChickeyD

Local time
Results

I've gotten the attendence function to work...your application really pointed me in the right direction. Though most of the application is above my knowledge (I have very little visual basic knowledge). But thanks again for the attendence records help! :) :D

vengsiva

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:03
Problem in membership sample database

Pat
I got an error message clicking the menu item pivot chart in switchboard:
Macro name:mopenAttendancePivotchart
conditon true
Action name Openform
Arguments frmmembersAttendingPivot,,,,edit,normal
vengsiva

vengsiva

Registered User.
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:03
Macro error fixed

Pat
I have since been able to fix the error.I simpley had to specify view for opening the form.Altough vb code allows for a default view macro does not.I dont understand why.There is some problem with unload event of the form frmPrereport at gmultiselect.Perhaps the data base is meant to give ideas and not posted in full shape because of size constraint.
vengsiva

MsLady

Traumatized by Access
Local time
Today, 12:33
vengsiva said:
Pat
I have since been able to fix the error.I simpley had to specify view for opening the form.Altough vb code allows for a default view macro does not.I dont understand why.There is some problem with unload event of the form frmPrereport at gmultiselect.Perhaps the data base is meant to give ideas and not posted in full shape because of size constraint.
vengsiva
Yes Pat. Can you please take a look at the "gmultiselect" function. I am particularly interested in the logic behind how the switchboard opens each of the reports with each selected option. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom