Darklands - Mierce Miniatures (2 Viewers)

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Today, 17:18
Is anybody into Miniature Wargaming?

Just started getting into Miniature wargaming and have discovered a cracking wargame called Darklands, by a company called Mierce Miniatures..

The game is loosely based on the Dark Ages of Western Europe and incorporates some facts of the period, aswell as Legends, Fantasies, and Mythology..

Great looking Miniatures too, Resin Cast with amazing detail..

Have amassed myself an Anglecynn army, basically Wulf and Werewulf based, and a Formoraic army, basically Goat and Sea Creatues based...

You can check out their website https://www.mierce-miniatures.com/ for more details

Battles are also on Youtube as well as reviews of the resin miniatures..

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:18
I've always been a 40k geek, myself, ever since Rogue Trader was first printed. I love the setting, I love the gameplay, I do NOT love Games Workshop removing existing models from playable armies every year (even though I know why they do it).

I also played thousands of hours of BattleTech back before FASA imploded, having picked it up while I was still in high school.

I'll check this one out.

scott-atkinson

Local time
Yeah, Iv'e seen 40k played, and the later fantasy version Age of Sigmar, nice models, but don't really buy into the whole Games Workshop mentality, think it's more about the money now than the game..

That's what I like about Darklands, it is very complex to learn but so in depth in the battle.

Bought a 6ft x 4ft gaming table, and just buying some period scenery and terrain, it's gonna be epic..

Attached a picture of my last battle

Attachments

• Darklands.jpg
    Darklands.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 590

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:18
Interesting.

I also note that you're not one of those 'no paint, no save' jerks. :p

There was actually a game store here in Flint about 20 years ago that specialized in miniatures wargames, called The Warzone. The owner hand-built all the terrain, both boards and terrain features, and it was the most detailed, accurate, and just well-done I have seen even now. He'd also sell the stuff online and even take commissions for tables. (There are probably more than a few photos of my friends and me playing various wargames tucked in among the ads of gaming magazines from the time.)

I recall the 3x5 table commissions costing $5k and the 4x6 ones costing 8k, but they were guaranteed to be top-notch, and they were always incredibly interesting as well. I recall a mixed light and heavy woods one, a forested crater, an underground tunnel system, and a canyon with a bridge and a hill at one end (fond memories of that one - my first game there was on that map, and my friend Jordan and I just rolled the existing house A-team).

The store is closed now - he's terrible at dealing with people face-to-face and was up-front about his belief that women had no place in gaming, so he intentionally drove away a HUGE number of his customers - but he may still be selling some on e-bay or something. I can't check at work - for some strange reason, e-bay is blocked here - but if you search for 'Dale Brown' and 'Miniatures Terrain' you should probably find some of his stuff. Like I said, it was INCREDIBLY well-made.

scott-atkinson

Local time
There's a place in Poland that is doing some excellent Terrain, just bought two hill formations from them, incredibly detailed and good value for money too.

I will check out Dale Brown and let you know what I find

scott-atkinson

Local time
I couldn't find any reference to Dale Brown, other than Google sending me to the american ebay site for a seller called Games-Printshop, they've got some good stuff though..

The Polish people are called Terrainsforgames, and they have thier shop on both the UK and American ebay.

scott-atkinson

Local time
I enjoy putting the models together, and that takes a fair bit of patience, but painting them is just a patience step too far... lol

Attached is just a small part of my Anglecynn Werewulf army..

Attachments

• Angle.jpg
    Angle.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 593

scott-atkinson

Local time
Another picture from my latest Battle, a Byzanti and my Fomoraic army fighting against a Saxon Village scene..

My Army won... :cool:

Attachments

• Darklands2.jpg
    Darklands2.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 542

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom