Data Could Not Be Retrieved From the Database (1 Viewer)

Czeszyn

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:32
Not sure where to post this. I am trying to import my tables from ms access 2010 to my ms excel 2010 and doing this from excel. I have already did three other tables and they went great. The last one everything looked good the first time and went in. Then when I went to run it again, I got an error message.

Data could not be retrieved from the database. Check the database server or contact your database administrator. Make sure the external database is available, and then try the operation again.

I read on the internet about seeing if there were ERR? messages, and could not see any. Is there away to check the entire database to see if there are ERR??

The thing that does not make sense is that it worked great the first time, then stopped. I am trying to have the tables in excel so that after data is enter into access, the tables in excel will be automatically updated. I am using pivot charts so this is important to always have this updated data.

I sure hope that this is an easy fix.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Tony. :banghead::banghead:

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 15:32
sometimes you must relink the tables.
or
rebuild the ODBC link itself,then refresh the table links.

Czeszyn

Registered User.
Local time
Hi RanMan256

Can you please walk me through this, not sure how to do that and could not find too much on this. And thank you very much for responding.

Tony

Czeszyn

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you for your help. I did have a #Num error and that is what was causing the problem.

Thank you for your help.
Tony

pawelpat

Local time
Hello Czeszyn,

I am having the same problem as you describe but I am unable to find any errors in the database. How did you find the error as I have 21000 records

Pawel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom