Filtering a split form (1 Viewer)

MarkRyan

Local time
Today, 04:35
I have a database and form that is used to register times and various codes for employees to enter their work schedule for the day. Right now I am using a split form where they enter a ID code in the form and it auto populates with their name/department/and date. They then go and fill out a few boxes regarding time spent, machine used, and purchase order.

Once the information is added it is seen below due to it being a split form.

My question is this:
Can I make the bottom portion (split form) filter and display only that specific employees ID number and his previous entries? Right now it is possible to view all of the entries placed and due to it being used on a network connection there are many submissions, I want it to narrow down so that once the employee enters his/her own ID only their previous submissions for that day can be viewed.

Thanks.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:35
If you are using the access defined split form, I believe the answer is no since the datasheet at the bottom is just a way of selecting a record to display in the main form.

I don't use them myself, but you could try using the split form as a subform to another 'main' form and have to employee details entered on the new main form and set the link child and master properties to filter the split form

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom