version 2016 menus auto hiding themselves (1 Viewer)

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
Today, 13:12
ms access 2016 menus auto hidden

guys,

I seemed to have screwed this up with a few key strokes accidentally hit and now I can't seem to get it back. This post:

https://www.utteraccess.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1410762&view=findpost&p=1410772

was helpful, but after running that same code in 2016, there is no error but the menus do not go back to being "on top" like they were when I first opened this database file. see attached images for what it looks like now and what it's supposed to look like (the bar is "auto hiding" itself just like what you can set for the windows taskbar)...

Attachments

• menu bar - auto hidden.png
    menu bar - auto hidden.png
    36 KB · Views: 329
  • menu bar - what its supposed to look like.png
    menu bar - what its supposed to look like.png
    54.8 KB · Views: 392
Last edited:

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
guy,

if you look at my attached images, I don't have that icon at the top of my access window. is that perhaps cuz I'm running a trial version of office 365? this is just stupid...

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:12
guy,

if you look at my attached images, I don't have that icon at the top of my access window. is that perhaps cuz I'm running a trial version of office 365? this is just stupid...
Maybe. Here's the top-right corner of my Access 2016 when it's normal.

And this is what it looks like when collapsed (after expanding it).

So, to bring it back to normal, I just click on the pin icon.

Attachments

• ribbon.png
    ribbon.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 416
  • collapsed.png
    collapsed.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 461

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
when I collapse mine, I can't get it back! I just tried it on one of the other DBs I have open. I get no "pin" icon, and now I have 2 databases that are suffering from this stupid issue. :rolleyes:

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
when I collapse mine, I can't get it back! I just tried it on one of the other DBs I have open. I get no "pin" icon, and now I have 2 databases that are suffering from this stupid issue. :rolleyes:
Hi Adam. What happens if you click on any of the tabs on the ribbon, does the entire ribbon show up? If so, take a look to the right, do you see the pin?

vba_php

Forum Troll
Local time
it sure does! hey thanks man. I can't believe I couldn't solve this! sometimes I just need elementary help. at least this issue isn't as bad as the scam call the other day.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
it sure does! hey thanks man. I can't believe I couldn't solve this! sometimes I just need elementary help. at least this issue isn't as bad as the scam call the other day.

Hi Adam. Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom