Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > General

Old 12-10-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
Boch
Newly Registered User

Boch is on a distinguished road
Map button - Go slow I'm a noob

hi Everybody (Trying not to sound too much like Dr Nick from the Simpsons)

I have been using one of the templates that come with MS Access 2016 (Contacts template), I have tweaked it a little bit but nothing major. What little Access skills I have, I have from YouTube - mainly. So I'm at a very basic level.

In the Contacts template there is a feature which, when you press the "click to map" button, will take the address and open Bing maps where the address is.
So far I have been able to change this to Google maps (who uses Bing Maps?!?) but have been unable to replicate this function in the new template I'm planning on migrating to (Personal contact manager).

I have been able to copy the VBA <modMapping> into the new template but can't get the button to link to this or find what the missing link is to make this function happen.

Any help would be much appreciated.
TIA

Attached Images
File Type: jpg MS Click to map.jpg (6.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg MS Modules.jpg (2.5 KB, 4 views)

Boch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #2
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,327 Times in 3,003 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold
Re: Map button - Go slow I'm a noob

Hi Boch
Your post was moderated due to the attached images. Until you have 10 posts you need to zip any attached files

Buttons can't link to modules but they can run procedures contained in those modules.
You might get more specific help from someone if you upload your database (zip it first!)

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to isladogs For This Useful Post:
Boch (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 09:11 AM   #3
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,636 Posts
theDBguy has a spectacular aura about theDBguy has a spectacular aura about

Hi. Did you also copy the code or macro behind the button from the first template?

|
|
theDBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 09:14 AM   #4
Boch
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDBguy View Post
Hi. Did you also copy the code or macro behind the button from the first template?
Could only copy the VBA - can't find the macro to make it happen, which is the frustrating part, otherwise, I'd be able to do the command button wizard
Old 12-10-2019, 09:21 AM   #5
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boch View Post
Could only copy the VBA - can't find the macro to make it happen, which is the frustrating part, otherwise, I'd be able to do the command button wizard
If you go to Design View of the Form and select the button, you can check what it says in the Click Event property. What do you see?

|
|
Old 12-10-2019, 09:37 AM   #6
Boch
Newly Registered User

Quote:
If you go to Design View of the Form and select the button, you can check what it says in the Click Event property. What do you see?
Wish I could post screen grabs or links, which is making this harder than it needs to be

On click [Embedded macro] in design view
Old 12-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
isladogs
High Noon Moderator

Thanked 3,327 Times in 3,003 Posts
isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold isladogs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Wish I could post screen grabs or links, which is making this harder than it needs to be

You can!
As previously stated, ZIP the screenshots and upload one zip file.
Once you reach 10 posts, that restriction is removed

Colin (Mendip Data Systems)

Website links:

Common sense and a sense of humour are the same thing, moving at different speeds. (Clive James - RIP)
isladogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:38 AM   #8
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:

Okay, next to that, click on the three dots button, what do you see?

|
|
Old 12-11-2019, 04:58 AM   #9
Boch
Newly Registered User

Quote:
Okay, next to that, click on the three dots button, what do you see?
See image 3dots
Attached Files
File Type: zip DB Contact design view.zip (250.7 KB, 4 views)
Old 12-11-2019, 05:58 AM   #10
Boch
Newly Registered User

Big thx for all the help guys.

Basically with you pointing me in the right direction I managed to copy the cmdMap macro (in a fashion) and then wrote new cmdMap macro in new template.

Either that or it's just luck that it now works -

Big thx all round for the inspiration in helping me getting this to work, am a very happy bunny now
Old 12-11-2019, 06:18 AM   #11
theDBguy
Iím here to help

Quote:
Big thx for all the help guys.

Basically with you pointing me in the right direction I managed to copy the cmdMap macro (in a fashion) and then wrote new cmdMap macro in new template.

Either that or it's just luck that it now works -

Big thx all round for the inspiration in helping me getting this to work, am a very happy bunny now
Hi. Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted now. Good luck with your project.

|
|

Tags
mapping , maps

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: