Font Colour (1 Viewer)

itownson1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:04
Morning. I know this is going to be a simple one for somebody, but it is driving me insane. My font colour in my table datasheet is white by default. How can I change this to black? If I do this in text formatting it won't change the default.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:04
You mean you get white on white?

What version of access are you using?
What colours are showing in the form designer for text FG and BG. Is it showing colour codes, or a reference to a windows theme?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
If it's a table in datasheet view, then at the top of the window (Access 2016) , if you select Home you can set font , size and colour, under the text formatting block.

itownson1

Registered User.
Local time
Yes the font is white on a white background.
Access 16
I created a new form and again its white font on a white background.

itownson1

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Minty. I did that, but then it returns to white when reopened.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Did you save your form after changing the colour? Also look at your database theme settings

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Out of interest, I (unusually for me) used A2016 the other day to build a database and noticed that Shift-F2 to expand a text box showed teeny text - The font was set to size 1 by default. Changing it to a sensible size changed it for all shift-F2 operations. I did include some rich text fields (which is why I wanted A2016). I don't know whether having rich-text fields makes a difference. I didn't have any data-sheets, just continuous forms.

Perhaps this is all part of the same issue.

I would definitely review the form settings for bg and fg, in case it is using some crazy windows settings.

itownson1

Registered User.
Local time
Looks like I somehow had set up custom themes.
I've deleted them and all is well. Thanks everyone

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
it's a good one. The sort of thing that you will never forget if it happens again,

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Out of interest, I (unusually for me) used A2016 the other day to build a database and noticed that Shift-F2 to expand a text box showed teeny text - The font was set to size 1 by default.

How very strange. I had exactly the same issue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom