List box in form does not post data to table! (1 Viewer)

Angotedy

Local time
Today, 17:53
Hi! Good Members, I am stuck and need your help, I have TWO Tables,
Table1 has: Pno, Name, Department for several individuals. This data needs to be retrieved on demand depending on the individual selected and to be posted to Table2 which has the following blank fields that need to be filled with information: Pno, Name, Department, Particulars, Date From, To. Please i will appreciate your help in making sure the List box posts data selected to Table2 along with additional fields

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:53
I strongly doubt that this is a need if your database is properly structured.
Code:
[COLOR="SeaGreen"][I]This data needs to be retrieved on demand depending on the individual selected
 and to be posted to Table2 which has the following blank fields that need
 to be filled with information: Pno, Name, Department, Particulars, Date From, To.[/I][/COLOR]

Queries can be used to select data from different tables provided those tables are structured properly and relationship(s) between tables match your business rules.

Name is a reserved word in Access.
Access does not work well with field and/or object names that have embedded spaces.

Good luck with your project.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:53
I agree. Copying data from one table to another is probably the wrong solution. Why not explain your objective and we can help you to do what needs to be done.

Bound controls always save to the underlying table when they are updated. So, if your LitBox doesn't save any data, it is not bound. Just to clarify, multi-select listboxes cannot be bound.

Angotedy

Local time
Today, 17:53
Thanks! i will be more than happy to share my intentions probably in the next 9hrs because I am briefly away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom