Assist taking medication please (1 Viewer)

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 10:38
What about this:

suppose your meds schedule is 6 times per day. You create 6 Outlook meetings in one day for the times you need, set the duration for 5 minutes and the recurrence rate to daily. Set the range of recurrence to "no end date".

I realize it's not 100% of what you asked for in that I don't know of a way to restart the clock for a meeting that you miss and maybe you don't have Outlook either. Just trying to help so I hope that's not a bother. Maybe such ideas will result in something useful from somebody else.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:38
My first thought would be a phone app only to use something like a google mini.?
Once the schedule has been set, it would remind you. However it seems you would not even need that if you speak your requirements to it.?

A family member's phone could do the job, you only need the Mini to announce what meds you need to take.

Would also allow for a snooze I believe.?

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071598?hl=en-GB

Black Friday is also coming up.?

I am confused... my son (only family) needs his cell phone. And I have no intentions to tell him of my predicament. I take 22 pills per day. Even to him it is complicated, half are separated by the pharmacy and delivered on schedule. Other half are supplements. Using a "pill distribution boxes" which my son helps me with has totally solved the issue of which meds are taken and when. If I could only fall asleep and awake roughly at the same hour daily, there would be no problem or, if I had money, have someone to administer them to me while half asleep. I have honestly explored and exhausted every one of my physician's answers toward that goal. The simple fact is that I have struggled with sleep disorders since abusive childhood. Even the sleep clinic had nothing real to offer me other than two diagnosis. Now, adding chronic pains to the mix makes it impossible to find an existing solution. Brain surgery - which I begged for in my twenties - was not and still is not advanced enough.

Aside from the fear of overdose, I found that adding alcohol really works but I ONLY use it when I have an "early" medical appointment the following day. It is not a solution and thank God I hate the taste of alcohol!

Sorry for rambling... guess I am lonely at 2:30 AM.

Thanks. At this point, I think my request was foolish as all must be geared by my awake/sleep patterns.

Last edited:

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
What about this:

suppose your meds schedule is 6 times per day. You create 6 Outlook meetings in one day for the times you need, set the duration for 5 minutes and the recurrence rate to daily. Set the range of recurrence to "no end date".

I realize it's not 100% of what you asked for in that I don't know of a way to restart the clock for a meeting that you miss and maybe you don't have Outlook either. Just trying to help so I hope that's not a bother. Maybe such ideas will result in something useful from somebody else.

It's sort of what I am doing now... difficult daily and still screwing up my med times. But Thank You.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Today, 14:38
I am confused... my son (only family) needs his cell phone. And I have no intentions to tell him of my predicament. I take 22 pills per day. Even to him it is complicated, half are separated by the pharmacy and delivered on shedule. Other half are supplements...

Thanks. At this point, I think my request was foolish as all must be geared by my awake/sleep patterns - see, 2:10 PM now.

The phone is only needed to set up the reminders, but can in fact be skipped altogether if you just say the reminders to the Mini.?
It also does alarms to wake you up?

That reminds me of when I was in hospital, and they would wake people to give them their sleeping meds. :D

Edit: It does not have to be a phone, a Kindle would work just as well?
I'm not offering a solution to all of your requirements, just suggestions to address some of them, even if only as a temporary measure.?

Last edited:

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
The phone is only needed to set up the reminders, but can in fact be skipped altogether if you just say the reminders to the Mini.?
It also does alarms to wake you up?

That reminds me of when I was in hospital, and they would wake people to give them their sleeping meds. :D

Edit: It does not have to be a phone, a Kindle would work just as well?
I'm not offering a solution to all of your requirements, just suggestions to address some of them, even if only as a temporary measure.?

My neighbors' house could not wake me if it was bombed ... I have tried the free alarm apps on the web - it worked but mornings or waking up is always the most painful time of day. I would set the alarm for 9am and really try to fall asleep no later than 1am... but pain can not be foreseen and stupid alarm would wake me in my best sleep.

You areright, a nurse would be great but no way I can afford that.

I thought Access would be the best. TY

Last edited:

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
All I think is needed here is a simple ONE day, same app,. Logs would be great but if too complicated...

App would prompt wake up time. Then calculate the other prompt times which could be blank until I enter wake up time. I think a field's auto input based on data in another field "should" be easy.

I don't need a calendar or other heavy input app.

Would love the snooze option but could do without... I guess.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Valery
Can I ask whether you looked at my Countdown Timer app (see link in post #15) and which I have since modified to hopefully meet some of your needs (see screenshots in post #18).

Its a free Access app, includes a countdown facility, large display, customisable alarm, pause(snooze) and alert messages.
I know that's only part of what you want.
I haven't added scheduling to it at this stage as you haven't indicated whether it could be of any real use to you.

If it could be useful, I'm willing to try and adapt it to meet your requirements.
If not, just let me know. Don't worry. I won't be offended!

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Valery
Can I ask whether you looked at my Countdown Timer app (see link in post #15) and which I have since modified to hopefully meet some of your needs (see screenshots in post #18).

Its a free Access app, includes a countdown facility, large display, customisable alarm, pause(snooze) and alert messages.
I know that's only part of what you want.
I haven't added scheduling to it at this stage as you haven't indicated whether it could be of any real use to you.

If it could be useful, I'm willing to try and adapt it to meet your requirements.
If not, just let me know. Don't worry. I won't be offended!

Wow! No did not see it. Will definitely look and share with you. TY

Last edited:

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Similar to outlook gmail's calendar has daily reminders with a time component. It's free and super easy to use, you can also share the events with others.

Best wishes.

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Similar to outlook gmail's calendar has daily reminders with a time component. It's free and super easy to use, you can also share the events with others.

Best wishes.

Thank you but gmail has no advance features like Outlook. I even tried "beginner" vba in Outlook and did not get much.. I don't have need or want to share which Outlook can also easily accommodate. Thank you for responding.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Attachments

• Dot.JPG
    Dot.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 94

Valery

Registered User.
Local time

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
AccessBlaster,

I've already mentioned the Google Mini which does pretty much the same thing.

That was promptly dismissed.

Plus it will not automatically adjust the reminder if a snooze of the reminder is requested. You would need to set a new one for that day only.

Apparently Amazon's Echo can set reminders. https://www.howtogeek.com/309783/how-to-set-reminders-on-the-amazon-echo/

I have one new in the box, If you are interested send me a PM and will ship it to you.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
As a starting point, would my Countdown Timer be any use to you?

Currently only does times up to 1 hour but that could be altered fairly easily to include hours.
Features include big display and choice of alarm sounds. Also cancel and pause buttons which might fulfil your snooze request.

It could also be adapted to include a combo for specific medications and then optionally associate each with a different alarm sound.

I realise that's not all you want but is it / could it be any help to your situation?

This could work but would need to add prompt to insert awake time to trigger an auto recalculate of the timer alarms/notifications. Is this possible? Love the large font (have some vision issues). Let me know, please.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
This would work but need to add prompt to insert awake time to auto recalculate the timer alarms/notifications. Is this possible? Love the large font (have some vision issues). Let me know, please.

Its certainly possible.
However, do you want to investigate using an Amazon Echo first?

If you would like me to work on this, please email me using the link below with your exact requirements and all being well I'll start working on it in the next few days.
Which version of Access do you have and is it 32-bit or 64-bit?

In the meantime I can also email you with what I've done so far

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Valery
You haven't posted for a few days & as I haven't heard from you by PM or email, I've not done any more to this application.
So I thought I'd post the version I did a few days ago for you to look at.

You can enter all the medicines you use & set a default countdown time and alarm sound for each (though the defaults can be overwritten).
When the time elapses the screen changes colour and the set alarm sounds
There is also a feature to show a flashing OVERDUE message if you don't respond within a set time

Its work in progress and not perfect by any means.
At the moment you can only set one alarm at a time and there is no scheduling capability yet.
If possible, do try it out and see if its any use

Attachments

• CountdownTimer1911.zip
    766.2 KB · Views: 115

Valery

Registered User.
Local time
Thank YOU. Just got back today - was in hospital with pneumonia. Feeling so much better. Will look tomorrow with fresh eyes.

The were/are my specs that I didn't get to send. Let me know if I missed something :

MS Windows 10
System Directory: C:\windows\system32

Can't wait to see your work - thank you - best email/news I could get.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're on the road to recovery.

My question was which version of Access you are using e.g. 2010/2013...365.
Also whether you have a 32-bit or 64-bit version of Access

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Valery
FYI I've just responded to your two PMs by email.
I've also done a minor update to the app & attached to the email

Prefer to use email to communicate rather than PM as we can include attachments/images as necessary.

I'll also upload any significant changes to this thread as appropriate

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom