Go Back   Access World Forums > Microsoft Access Discussion > Macros

Old 03-02-2019, 10:17 AM   #1
accessingaccess
Newly Registered User

accessingaccess is on a distinguished road
Very new to Access: MsgBox Conditons

Hello! I am working on a database for my store to keep track of store credit for customers. Currently, I have a form where we can add customer contact info, and there is a subform that displays credit history and totals. We are also using this subform to add and subtract customer credit. I would like to have a message box appear when someone assigns a large amount of credit to ensure that they meant to assign that much, as we are rarely assigning more than say ~$50. Is there a way when someone saves the form after adding more than $50 in credit on the subform that I can have a message box pop up asking that they confirm the credit amount? Currently I have it appear whenever someone saves the file, but I'd like to only appear when a large amount is added so that people don't get used to just clicking "OK" after every time they save. Maybe there is a better way than using the subform? Any advice is appreciated! Thank you. -A

accessingaccess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:25 AM   #2
Uncle Gizmo
Nifty Access Guy

Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough Uncle Gizmo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via Skype™ to Uncle Gizmo
Re: Very new to Access: MsgBox Conditons

Quote:
Originally Posted by accessingaccess View Post
I can have a message box pop up asking that they confirm the credit amount?
Well this is a very fortuitous post you have made! You have given me the ideal opportunity to promote my set of videos, code samples & sample dB on creating and using "Advanced Message Boxes" See my blog here for further details:- ďAdvancedĒ Message Box
-------------oOo---U---oOo-------------
|                                     |
|      Uncle Gizmo              |
| Get $20 worth of "Nifty Code"       |
|      
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| | Ooo | |_________________ooO____( )________| ( ) ) / \ ( (_/ \_)

Last edited by Uncle Gizmo; 03-02-2019 at 10:28 AM. Reason: added "Quote"
Uncle Gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:26 AM   #3
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 4,015 Times in 3,952 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
Re: Very new to Access: MsgBox Conditons

I'd probably use the before update event of the subform because it can be cancelled:

http://www.baldyweb.com/BeforeUpdate.htm

In your case you'd test the amount field and if greater than 50 put up a yes/no message box to ask them to confirm it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: