Troubleshooting VBA between word versions (1 Viewer)

Spooky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
Greetings,
I have a word document / application that uses a UserForm to create multiple pre-populated word documents based on user input.

It all works fine in Word 2000 however, randomly crashes in word 2007.

The crash occurs on the final submission of the user form - when creating the documents.

The visual basic that sits behind the userform runs to about 3000 characters of code, so theres lots to check.

Im not a word expert by any means, but my background is in vbscript programming.

What is the best way to start troubleshooting this application so that it works on the later versions of word?

Thanks for any help that can be suggested

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:09
Welcome to the Forum,

Without seeing the code hard to give sound advice, but consider does it have late/early binding options, are you using any file searching commands as they were removed in Office 2007 so you would look to use Dir commands. Are you refering to Toolbars as they also have been removed from 2007 onwards.

Consider using break points at various places in the code and test in the other versions to see if they run to the break points.

Also look at the VBA end in the Tools Menu and References to see if anything becomes missing in the other versions.

Spooky

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
Thanks for that - Ill do some more work on it.
One thing I have discovered, is that one of the document templates (created in W2000) when run in 2007 seems to crash - but actually just looses focus on the save dialogue

eg - you attempt to close the document and the save dialogue box is not visible or available - the document seems to freeze. ctrl + alt + delete reveals it.

I might look at recreating the templates from scratch on 2007 rather than compatibility mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom