Remembering value entered (1 Viewer)

jonathanchye

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:38
I currently have a lot of textboxes in my form for users to key in values. I realised that some values might be the same for new forms so I have two questions :

1) Is using a combobox the only way to autofill values based on what users previously typed? Can this be done in a textbox as well? Asking this because too many comboboxes in the form won't look nice

2) If the unique ID of the field is a number and I create a new enquiry is there a possible way to search through the table and autofil all fields last entered releavant to the customer combobox regardless of unique ID?

For example ID1 is filled in with details relevant to ACME, ID2 is to BESTCO, ID3 ACME again, ID4 is NEWCO and now I create a new form ID5. When I select the customer combobox as ACME can I autofill the rest of the fields relevant to information I've filled in ID3?

I think basically I am looking for an improved Duplicate Record function where user can select which record to Duplicate and maybe which fields?

JamesMcS

Keyboard-Chair Interface
Local time
Today, 14:38
1. Not at all - in fact I think the best way to do this is to store the values from the text boxes you want in variables which are then used to repopulate the text boxes when you move to a new record.

2. Not clear on what you mean here. You want to be able to search for the latest data related to a customer when you select their unique ID in a combo box? That's possible too - you'd have to create a query to pull back the fields you want, with the Max of customertable.recordnumber where customer ID is the value in the combo box. Easier than it sounds written down :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom