MS Access Monthly financial report (1 Viewer)

pmxpo

Local time
Today, 07:58
Dear All,

I would need some assistance in producing a monthly report from a database.

Please find attached both files (Database and the proposed report).

Thanks in anticipation for your help.

Attachments

• Database_abc.xlsx
    151.8 KB · Views: 105
  • FAAC Report.xlsx
    278.6 KB · Views: 122

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 02:58
First (to get it out of the way), we have several headers in the forum. You probably should have posted this under GENERAL or REPORTS. But don't take that as a "knock" on you, because we see this all the time. A moderator will probably move this at some point. We know it happens and it isn't a really big thing - but it CAN affect how quickly you get a more directed response, so it is to your advantage to make new questions under their proper headings.

Second, looking at the "database" spreadsheet, you have some normalization to do. I respectfully suggest you need to do some reading so that you understand the concept of database normalization. I put that phrase in bold because that is the topic you would use on a general web search. If you used this forum's SEARCH feature, you could leave off "database" because this is a database forum. On a general search, though, you need to qualify it because other disciplines use the term "normalization" in other ways.

Other reading that would be useful for you if you aren't familiar with them would include use of the SQL keyword phrases "GROUP BY" and the functions SUM and COUNT.

pmxpo

Local time
Today, 07:58
First (to get it out of the way), we have several headers in the forum. You probably should have posted this under GENERAL or REPORTS. But don't take that as a "knock" on you, because we see this all the time. A moderator will probably move this at some point. We know it happens and it isn't a really big thing - but it CAN affect how quickly you get a more directed response, so it is to your advantage to make new questions under their proper headings.

Second, looking at the "database" spreadsheet, you have some normalization to do. I respectfully suggest you need to do some reading so that you understand the concept of database normalization. I put that phrase in bold because that is the topic you would use on a general web search. If you used this forum's SEARCH feature, you could leave off "database" because this is a database forum. On a general search, though, you need to qualify it because other disciplines use the term "normalization" in other ways.

Other reading that would be useful for you if you aren't familiar with them would include use of the SQL keyword phrases "GROUP BY" and the functions SUM and COUNT.

Thanks for your simplified and vivid response. I am actually new on the platform and I see there is a lot to learn.

Please forgive my curiosity in getting this particular report sorted. I will appreciate some assistance in fixing this report soon.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom