Update Query too few parameters (1 Viewer)

June7

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 22:42
An UPDATE in plugstamp function is producing mismatch error because [entryid_hist] is set as a text field and the IN list is passing number values. Relationship builder allowed a link to be established with numeric PK but since fields are different data type, will fail in queries. You will have to remove Relationship link, change field type, reset Relationship.

This same query is setting Notes to empty string because [nots] is null (don't know why). I NEVER allow empty strings in tables. I would set to Null if no value provided.

tbl_PBinfo and tbl_PBreso link on primary key fields which is a 1-to-1 relationship. Why not just have 1 table?

Last edited:

Mackbear

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:42
An UPDATE in plugstamp function is setting Notes to empty string because [nots] is null. I NEVER allow empty strings in tables. I would set to Null. This same query is producing that error because [entryid_hist] is set as a text field and the IN list is passing number values.

You will have to remove Relationship link, change field type, reset Relationship.

tbl_PBinfo and tbl_PBreso link on primary key fields which is a 1-to-1 relationship. Why not just have 1 table?

Yes! That's it! The entryid_hist is set as text in the tbl_pbhistory. Thank you so much! I don't know what I would do without you guys and this forum! I hope I can give back to you guys someday... :eek::eek::eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom