Displaying query table on a form (1 Viewer)

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:21
Can I display the query table on a form?
What controls should I use because I'm using VBA to create record set which holds data, and now I don't know how to display that record set as a table on a form.

Thank You

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:21
You could use a datasheet or continuous form, and just bind it to your query (i.e., use the query as the datasource). Use the form wizard if you aren't sure how to set it up. Is that what you are after?

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
You could use a datasheet or continuous form, and just bind it to your query (i.e., use the query as the datasource). Use the form wizard if you aren't sure how to set it up. Is that what you are after?

Now that You mentioned it, I could create data sheet form and then put it as a subform on my form, but I ran into a problem trying to do this.
I've selected data sheet form from the Create menu and selected one of my queries as a Record Source but after saving the form, no data was displayed. Then I tried putting one of my tables as Record Source but same thing happend, the records don't display. Why is that?
Is it maybe because I need to set up Record Filter?

Thank You.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Now that You mentioned it, I could create data sheet form and then put it as a subform on my form, but I ran into a problem trying to do this.
I've selected data sheet form from the Create menu and selected one of my queries as a Record Source but after saving the form, no data was displayed. Then I tried putting one of my tables as Record Source but same thing happend, the records don't display. Why is that?
Is it maybe because I need to set up Record Filter?

Thank You.

Do you see data when you just run the query separately (not as part of the form)? If you are seeing it in the query and not in the form, make sure that you don't have the form set to data entry=true.

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Do you see data when you just run the query separately (not as part of the form)? If you are seeing it in the query and not in the form, make sure that you don't have the form set to data entry=true.
Yes, data is displayed normally when I run just the query. By default the data entry property is set to false. Any ideas?
Thanks.

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
Have you set the link child/link master fields with the parent form? Is there data in the parent form?

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
Have you set the link child/link master fields with the parent form? Is there data in the parent form?

No the parent form is an unbound form, for now.
I planned to put a couple of controls on it that I will mainly use to supply the WHERE clause with the criteria that will filter the SQL who will fill the datasheet form with data.
Do I need to link parent form with the same datasource? But even then, if You look just the datasheet form on its own, why doesn't it display any records (it has a record source)?

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
hmmm, hard to tell without looking at it. Can you post it?

mcdhappy80

Registered User.
Local time
hmmm, hard to tell without looking at it. Can you post it?
No need for that I've solved it and You know where was the problem?
I needed to click on the desired query in Object Navigation Menu and then click the option Create -> More forms -> datasheet, geeze, who would know huh. :)
Now, I need to see will the VBA created SQL query display as well :D
Thanks

Alisa

Registered User.
Local time
glad you figured it out, good luck with the rest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom