Recruiting Software, suggestion (1 Viewer)

david hayes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:38
I am currently working as a Marketing Manager for a recruiting firm in Minneapolis MN, called "virtelligence" and we are working on searching for the best applicant tracking system for our firm. we were using Bullhorn's software but it made our recruiting life-cycle exhausting plus it is expensive, though.

we are looking for a customized applicant tracking system which can best fit our Business module for auto parsing and mobile recruiting. we have found

recruitbpm.com
catsone
smartrecruiters

I would like to humbly request if anyone here has used any of above-mentioned software which is easy to use and not that expensive?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:38
Most software vendors offer a try before you buy version.

Try as many as you can, as it will be far cheaper to use a ready-made solution.

Whilst using the ready-made versions, note the things that don't fit your business. Note what's lacking, then contact the software providers to see if they will make the changes you require.

If you don't get any joy, then consider creating your own solution.

If you did the above you have most of the information you need to "grow your own"...

Access is the best place to rapidly test your requirements, but it might not be the best solution for your business. For instance, you may require internet access, in that case a web interface might be better.

Still, having said all that, MS Access is the best place to start.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I would google their names and find reviews, forums etc - also try recruitment forums

david hayes

Registered User.
Local time
@Uncle Gizmo, thanks. Yes they have offered us a 30-day trial so we are going to stick test and try from Monday.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:38
Since you have been using some commercial software, you know what it records (at least generally) , you know the user interface (the good/bad and ugly) and you should have knowledge of what reports/outputs; as well as ODBC/export/import options exist.

Do you now have a list of what
- you absolutely need (based on your experience and intentions)
- you would like to have( preferred/additional features)?

You need to identify the things you want to "inspect/scrutiinize" in any new software (whether purchased or home built).

Make sure it fits your business processes to a high degree. Nothing worse than seeing an organization buy software only to find that it is 180 degrees from their well-functioning business processes. You won't find something that matches your needs 100% (unless you have lots of resources and design and build it yourself).

Identify your needs(all of them); assign a weighting factor if necessary; trial/test and measure; discuss it objectively; then decide.

Good luck.

david hayes

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you everyone. we are going to test run both of the customized software on Monday & once gain I appreciate the details you all have posted.

Lightwave

Ad astra
Local time
J Draw's advice is right on the money for me.
Often you are lucky if you get software that 90% matches your need. You may find it easier to alter your processes to match the software rather than trying to get vendor change!

On a personal note I taught myself how to write systems because I didn't have a budget for anything else and there literally wasn't anything else out for the tasks I wanted done. I think a lot of people start that way.

Couple of things on the money side of thing.
I don't believe in free software - I fully agree that you should expect to be spending money on software.

But
The promise of the digital age was immortality and infinite copying. Therefore in a perfect market this would push the cost to zero. Of course the market is not perfect - you need to motivate someone in the first instance, applications need to be on hardware that costs money to run and libraries platforms and legislation change which require constant tinkering. That said I would be looking for the same tasks to reduce in cost each year.

I am often wary of the most expensive solutions - it might just be because you are their only customer ! Find out what other customers they have and go out and talk to them - if they will let you.

If you go the bespoke software route - take your time and consider the developer part of your business its a commitment to be potentially outstanding always have a back up plan and make sure you have enough to finish the job I personally would pay above market rates as well business systems are usually totally critical to your whole business.

I would say bespoke is better for areas where there are not established products which when it comes to business is a massive market.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom