Local time
Today, 23:55
I havent been here at all for a lot of months but

Happy Christmas to everyone.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I fail to see the attraction of celebrating the myth of what is basically a fairy tale, people may as well celebrate the "birth" of Noddy.
What is more important is that the pagan festival was hijacked by the religious freaks.
It has now been turned into a commercial rat race which starts in October and ends mid January ish. The sooner the madness stops and the world gets back to normal the better.

Col

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 18:55
He really can't help himself, can he?

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
I vote for a new holiday to celebrate the "birth" of Noddy. Everyone in favor?

What is Noddy?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Noddy was a character in a 1960's? children's programme in the UK. There was Noddy and big ears. Big ears drove around in a car.

In one episode Noddy and big ears were in bed together. This caused an uproar, the showing of two men sleeping in the same bed in a children's program.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
He really can't help himself, can he?

Aha! Success.

I knew I could get you to "unblock" me. You despise me but you just can't help reading and commenting on my posts.

I chose the right subject to get to you - excellent.

Col

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Game on!

scott-atkinson

I'm with the Witch.......
Local time
Merry Christmas Colin... and to Noddy too...

Merry Christmas all... May your glasses of warm mulled wine be over flowing

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Noddy was a character in a 1960's? children's programme in the UK. There was Noddy and big ears. Big ears drove around in a car.

In one episode Noddy and big ears were in bed together. This caused an uproar, the showing of two men sleeping in the same bed in a children's program.

...Because kids are going to make any weird connection out of it and don't share beds themselves. :banghead:

People just... I can't relate to them sometimes.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
People just... I can't relate to them sometimes.

Unfortunately you can and you do. Let me explain what happened to me, and I think you will see that it's true for everyone. I was 13 years of age when football violence came to the fore this was where Liverpool and Manchester United fans and Millwall and other famous football team fans would get in the Streets of practically kill each other. These were people with a shared interest in the same Sport. I've never really had much interest in football and I think this is the root of it. I feel superior to them, I would not degrade myself by associating myself with a sport where these people would run around practically killing each other.

As I grew up I noticed a similar vein throughout life. Whites against blacks, Society against homosexuals, Society against abortions. These were all the big ones, and then I started noticing the little ones. One group of Muslims will practically kill another group of Muslims because the two religions split a Thousand Years ago over a single word or something stupid like that.

I noticed that in the United Kingdom we have a class system where you have working class middle class and upper class then I saw that there was something similar in India where it is called a caste system you are born into a group and that's it, your lot.

Once you start noticing it you notice it everywhere. Then I got a mobile phone, an Android and my son got an Apple phone. We were divided and we practically came to blows over our difference of opinion about these phones!

I suddenly realised I was no different than those footballers I felt aloof from, better than. It's part of me it's part of you it's part of everyone the need to prove yourself to be better than somebody else, some other group. There's no denying it, it's just a natural tendency, a law of nature.

Once you start seeing it like that, then the World makes a lot more sense and is a little less threatening because you suddenly realise that there's nothing you can do about it, it will always happen.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 17:55
It is always about "the ascendancy of me and mine over thee and thine." It is a form of a territorial imperative in a virtual world, because people who are in some way insecure about themselves have a deep yearning to "belong" to a group. If they don't belong, they feel isolated and alone. That's how religions get such a foothold in our society.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 08:55
Noddy was a character in a 1960's? children's programme in the UK.

The books by Enid Blyton date back to 1949.

There was Noddy and big ears. Big ears drove around in a car.

Noddy had the car. He had an odd relationship with Mr Plod the policeman, which seemed to allow him to have bad driving overlooked.

I don't know what was said in the TV show but in the book:
"Big Ears awoke feeling a little queer."

The Noddy stories were also controversial for vilification of the Golliwog family They owned a motor shop and were frequently portrayed as dishonest or troublemakers.

They were replaced in the TV show in the late 80s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom