turn off Record validation rule (1 Viewer)

hwest27

Local time
Today, 00:35
I have inherited a database that has a table with some Field validation rules and a Record Validation rule (if field A has a value then Field B has to be blank) . I can see and remove the Field validation rules in the table design. But I can find where the record validation is. How do I view/modify Record validation Rules

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Hi. Welcome to AWF! Are you using a form to enter data? If so, try checking the design of the form.

hwest27

Local time
Thanks for the reply. I had looked in form using table but nothing there.

I actually was adding a new column to table. Then running query to do mass update to that column and while trying to run the update query the validation rule warning message appeared and the update did not work.

I then looked at the two fields the rule referred to and they are all valid. So it appears all the current records meet the rule.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Thanks for the reply. I had looked in form using table but nothing there.

I actually was adding a new column to table. Then running query to do mass update to that column and while trying to run the update query the validation rule warning message appeared and the update did not work.

I then looked at the two fields the rule referred to and they are all valid. So it appears all the current records meet the rule.
To help you look for it, we may have to see a copy of your db. Are you able to post it? You can take out any data, if it's sensitive.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:35
what is the validation rule that appears? Just thinking you may have other types of validation such as no duplicates, no parent

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:35
You need to look in the table's property sheet. Here's a picture.

Attachments

• TableRules.JPG
    TableRules.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 260

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom