Multiple Entries On A Same Person (1 Viewer)

davies107

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:17
im doing a database for CV (curriculum vitae) of employees.

i have a challenge in adding records (Working Experiences) in a
same person. i have a button in a Form says Add Record but when I add a record it will go to the next entry (in Table). does anyone knows here how to work this that when I add an entry/entries it will be added to the same person, not next, not new, but same person. any codes that i should incorporate in the command button?

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 13:17
that is the normal process, add new record for new experience. then on a report you just have to gather all the experience records for this particular person.

with what you you are suggesting then, you would need extra fields for experience1, experience2, experience3, etc. and this is not the normal thing to do in a db.

Trevor G

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:17
I would suggest you have a One to Many relationship so when you add more to the employee record you can use the Many relationship then you can run queries, forms and reports from there for each employee and the data entries you add.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:17
I agree with the others. It seems to be a 1 to many relationship between

tblPerson ---->tblExperience

example:

John Smith
-Junior Programmer - AXWER Company - 2009 -2010
-junior DBA - AXWER Company - 2010-2012
-intermediate DBA - STC Inc - 2012- 2014
-Technical Project Manager - Google - 2014 -current

davies107

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 22:17
now i got this working (adding new records to same person) but the problem now is the reporting. anyone knows what code i should place either in Event Procedure or Macro that i want to get value of the specific ID of a certain person..... like Sam Smith has 223366 ID and i wanted to get his records ONLY because now when i make the report it will give me all the records in the Table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom