My SQL Keeps Getting Deleted (1 Viewer)

DreamRax

Local time
Today, 01:26
Aloha Everyone,

Not sure what is happening here, but I have several queries that read off a master table and filter that data. I have about 15 or them, all puling the same data from the master table, just filtering out different values (Location Code ie, LAX, NYC, CHI etc).

For some reason the code in the filtering queries just disappears from time to time, but only on some of them. I'll look at the query and it will just say

SELECT;

When I reenter the SQL and save it will be fine. But then after coming back to the file a day later, I'll notice it has happened again, so I have to re-enter the SQL. Its not for the same quires every time so it's tough for me to pinpoint why this is happening. Whats troubling is it is intermittent.
:banghead:
Has this happened to anyone else?

YSK using Windows 7 with Access 2013

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:26
How about attaching a copy of your db in zip format?

If you zip your file you can attach without having 10 posts.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:26
Aloha!

The only reason I can think of that would cause a query to become truncated is if that query is somehow being manipulated by either code or an unscrupulous user. How many users are we talking about and is there ever a case where the query you describe is NOT a stored query, but rather is a query in a ROWSOURCE or RECORDSOURCE property?

DreamRax

Local time
Aloha!

The only reason I can think of that would cause a query to become truncated is if that query is somehow being manipulated by either code or an unscrupulous user. How many users are we talking about and is there ever a case where the query you describe is NOT a stored query, but rather is a query in a ROWSOURCE or RECORDSOURCE property?

Ok well I think we can rule out the unscrupulous user scenario since no one else knows how to use access in my department.

I suppose there could be an issue with the Export macro I run. Since there are about 15 of them, I created a macro using "ExportWithFormatting" so that they will all create separate excel files. I'm not sure how this would affect the SQL though. Thoughts?

DreamRax

Local time
How about attaching a copy of your db in zip format?

If you zip your file you can attach without having 10 posts.

Tried zipping and uploading, but after zip the file size went from 80mb to 6mb. Still over the limit of 2mb to upload.

Suggestions?

Thanks for your help.

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:26
Have you done a Compact and repair????

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 04:26
Off topic, but I would use a single query with a criteria, rather than 15 queries. You shouldn't have to redesign the database when they add a location. In other words, instead of a criteria of

"LAX"

I'd have

Forms!FormName.TextboxName

so the query would use whichever location was displayed on the form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom