Multiple Users WebApp 365: Lock records, modified by, and restrict fields (1 Viewer)

access-macgyver

Local time
Today, 12:14
Hi All,

I have a product database web app that is hosted in 365/sharepoint that multiple people have access to and need to edit. There are three issues I can't find any answers to. My assumption is that all three of these would require some kind of on load event that calls in the user (which seems to be doable since we are using 365):

1) It might be rare, but we would like to prevent someone from making edits to the same record if someone already has it in edit mode at the same time. Is there a way to do this? Even a warning pop up that may not prevent them from also editing but at least alerts the other person that it's being used or something would suffice. Open to work arounds. Maybe even some kind of OnEdit email trigger that notifies everyone it's being edited, and OnSave email trigger that says the record is now free (not ideal, but again, open to things like that, just have no idea how to execute)

2) I figured out how to create "Last modified" date time field. Is there a way to show who that was done by?

3) Restrict certain users to only edit certain fields? I know you can restrict to certain views, but wasn't sure if you can restrict them to only having edit permissions for certain fields.

Thank you so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom