Payroll system in ms access (1 Viewer)

Naqibullah

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:45
Dear valued friends,
i am planning to design a payroll database system for a small company in ms. access.
i have designed the tables and the entry forms. what i really can't figure out is that how to automatically update staff salary every month instead of typing everyone's salary and the query should calculate the other allowances and deductions. i want to create a query to automatically transfer staff's previous month salary to next month what i should changes is only the changes that may likely come in one of the staff's salary like bonus, being absent or any other charges. please help me sort it out.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 07:15
Why would the salaries be entered monthly? It seems they would be entered once (in the tEmployee table), and would remain until they get another salary.
ANYWAY, however you do it, youd run an append query that would take all persons salaries,
tEmployee.Salary and append to the monthly payment table.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:15
I would take a salary history table that listed the salary made by each employee and the date at which that salary went into effect, and a date when that salary went OUT of effect. But if the person's "Out of Effect" date was 0, then it would mean that the person's salary was that entry in the salary history table. So I would use a query to look up all the salary histories with a 0 for "Out of effect" and do my updating based on those values.

Of course, if the person gets fired, their "Out of effect" date is their termination date and that would make the date ineligible for inclusion with the other salaries. (There are many other ways to approach this starting from salary history, I just tossed one out.)

Once you have the salary history in place, everything else should fall into place as well.

gemma-the-husky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:15
I am not sure where you are. If you are in the UK, I would not do this. Its not hard in principle, but the tax, NI and pension calculations, among other things are very difficult, and your responsibility if you get them wrong. You also need to file on line with HMRC

HMRC offer a free payroll app. I would check that first.

soap

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:15
Hello any fix update on this request?

Solo712

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:15
I am not sure where you are. If you are in the UK, I would not do this. Its not hard in principle, but the tax, NI and pension calculations, among other things are very difficult, and your responsibility if you get them wrong. You also need to file on line with HMRC

HMRC offer a free payroll app. I would check that first.

Basically the same goes for Canada; you need to get the deductions-at-source formulas (tax, pension plan, employment insurance) approved by the Canada Revenue Agency. They were giving me grief over 12 cents difference on a formula calculated tax, even though if I used their approved manual tables the difference would have been $3.50.

Best,
Jiri

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom