Cctv (1 Viewer)

ASherbuck

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:55
Anyone ever work with a Closed Circuit TV system?

A friend of mine purchased a Lorex and apparently is incapable of setting it up. I'm curious what I'm getting myself into. As it's been explained to me that these things can broadcast from their location to the net and he could remote monitor through his browser. I believe most places use the MAC address on the machine system and use some kind of in house DNS system to keep track of who is who and assign you a website that runs their software and shows what your camera's are picking up.

Doesn't sound too crazy but for some reason I see tons of possibility for error.

DTermie

Local time
Today, 21:55
Hi there, I do a fair shot of work with CCTV systems over here but i've not personally used a lorax system before. Normally... after port forwarding has all been set up and you've asked the unit to use it's DDNS it will be given it's web address that you can then dial into. The DVR itself will normaly have its own webpage built into it with a small GUI in it which wil allow you to watch live and search etc. Chances are it'll be an IE based client so remember to set your "download unsigned activeX" to Prompt. feel free to ask anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom