ASP issue with updating Boolean field (1 Viewer)

JosephWeb

Local time
Today, 20:19
Hi I have a very old MSAccess database driven website with the code written in what I understand to be classic ASP. Im not a programmer, but over the years I have worked out little bits and pieces.

I have a table and am using the free Generic ASP Editor for Access Tables
called editor.asp You can download it from the 4 guys from Rolla website.

There is a section at the top where you have to enter the path to the database and the table name and a TrueWord which will be used for the boolean values.

their support document says this must be: "The word your version of Microsoft Access is using to display boolean "True" values. This mainly depends on the OS language or regional settings of your server. If all components are English, the value usually is "True". On my server, with the German version of Windows 98, the value needs to be "Wahr"."

Ive set it to True as this is what all the True values set in the database are using. Should this be anything else? I have tried using -1 and TRUE and even WAHR but nothing seems to work... What should it be for an English Database?

My main question is that I can list the values in the access table using this editor, I can delete entries and I can add entries that are set to True in the Boolean field, but they are not recognised on the website for some reason and if I edit them, they automatically change from True to False in the Boolean fields, even if I do not edit this value. (I can force it in the code to set to True regardless of what I enter in the field if needs be)

This means that any new entries that I put in the database (even if they show up as True (in the set it live on the website field) do not show up for some reason?

(I have another version of this using the same sort of database and the same code and it works fine on that site.)

I would be grateful for any help with cracking this.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 16:19
the field works, but I dont know about this ASP app. That may be the problem.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:19
Ive set it to True as this is what all the True values set in the database are using. Should this be anything else? I have tried using -1 and TRUE and even WAHR but nothing seems to work... What should it be for an English Database?

I don't know but you could try "Yes"

JosephWeb

Local time
Today, 20:19
Thanks for your suggestions, it seems it was something to do with the database itself. I copied over the version from th4 website that was working and it all worked perfectly.
Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom