Go Back   Access World Forums > Access World > Site Suggestions

Old 03-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #1
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 3,827 Times in 3,770 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold
DNS problem?

Another user and I are having the same problems accessing this site. We can get to it from some locations/computers, not from others. It appears to be a DNS problem. Just calling your attention to it in case there's anything you can do. Other users might not have the ability to try from other locations, or might not bother trying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:12 AM   #2
The_Doc_Man
Happy Retired Curmudgeon

Thanked 1,127 Times in 1,029 Posts
The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold The_Doc_Man is a splendid one to behold
Re: DNS problem?

This morning before USA Central Daylight Time about 0830, I couldn't get to the site either, though other web sites I frequent were reachable on first try. I think that right now I'm at GMT+5.
The_Doc_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #3
pbaldy
Wino Moderator

Thanked 3,827 Times in 3,770 Posts
pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold pbaldy is a splendid one to behold

FYI, I can now get to the site and ping it from the location I couldn't get to it from earlier. When I couldn't get to it earlier, I also couldn't ping it by name.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
pbaldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
RuralGuy
AWF VIP

RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice RuralGuy is just really nice

The site now seems to be working for me again.
RuralGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:32 PM   #5
Galaxiom
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,401 Times in 1,322 Posts
Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold Galaxiom is a splendid one to behold

First thing to try is flushing your machine's dns cache.

At an elevated command prompt:
Code:
ipconfig /flushdns
However I suspect that some dns server may have had problems.
Galaxiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:35 AM   #6
Frothingslosh
Premier Pale Stale Ale

Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough Frothingslosh will become famous soon enough

Monday I could access the site from home but not work. Today it works fine from work, and at no point did I play with DNS settings or the cache.

My money's on a DNS server issue - it was acting for me just like it did when Google DNS had bad info for the site.

Frothingslosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: