Annoying 'Save record' prompts (1 Viewer)

RichStone

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:55
My database has worked fine with no prompts for absolutely ages. I'm still running Access 2007 too.

My issue is that when I close the database using 'DoCmd Close' on each open form until the final Main Menu is closed, I've suddenly started getting a prompt with the buttons 'Save record', 'Copy to clipboard' or 'Drop changes'. This is with no changes to the database itself and only when using it as it was designed. In the years this database has been evolving, this hasn't happened before.

Any ideas?

JHB

Have been here a while
Local time
Today, 16:55
The quick one, try if "Compact & Repair" helps.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 10:55
You should specify acSaveNo as an option on the close statement. The reason for the prompt is that your code is changing forms and that is poor practice.

Why, it is happining all of a sudden? Could be caused by a change to Access although I'm not sure that A2007 is still being updated. Or, it could be that someone changed the default settings for Access. Open the back page view and go through all the options until you the find one that talks about saving. I don't remember where it is in various versions sonce these things tend to move around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom