Syntax Error in FROM clause... help (1 Viewer)

ConfusedA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:23
Hi everyone,

So I've used this syntax before on many union queries and it has worked. Yet for some reason it now refuses to work on my new queries.

I know that some of you will be annoying with my naming conventions for this (but unless that is where the problem actually lies, you don't need to tell me). I can't find anything wrong with what I have here, so I'm not sure where to go with it. Though they appear to be the same, they are actually very different tables with some common information. What I need is to be able to sum the two sets of data so that I have values based on:
Employee-Jobtype-month- with all other values being summed.

Select [Employee], [fldMonth], [fldYear], [Jobtype], [fldHours], [Overtime], [labour], [Overtime Pay], [Call Out Pay], [Standby Pay], [Total Pay]
from qryAll1/2
UNION Select [Employee], [fldMonth], [fldYear], [Job], [fldHours], [Overtime], [labour], [Overtime Pay], [Call Out Pay], [Standby Pay], [Total Pay]
from qryAll1/3;

Hope this makes sense.
Thanks,
ConfusedA

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 02:23
Because you've chosen (bad choice by the way) to include a special character in the name you have to enclose it in square brackets:

from [qryAll1/2]

ConfusedA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:23
Ah, that makes sense. I'll agree with you about that name, I changed it and bracketed the term just to be safe.
Thanks for the advice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom